DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2927AC Fixed IP comment corrupted and reboots with v4.4.5 firmware

More
21 Apr 2024 12:20 #19 by piste basher
I'd hope so too, but I'm not that hopeful...

There is something odd in the behaviour with multiple subnets/SSID's but whether it's Draytek or the client devices I haven't been able to determine.

2 examples:- My TV has been connected to one of my wifi SSID's for several months and working perfectly (an AP is located behind the TV, so signal strength should not be an issue). Two nights ago iPlayer starting dropping out very frequently. Last night I couldn't put up with it any longer and changed the TV to another SSID - it worked perfectly from then on.

I have about 16 smart plugs and bulbs etc, all were connected to one SSID. Whilst re-arranging my office a couple of weeks ago the router and network was shut down for 3-4 hours. On powering up again, about 50% of the "smart" devices happily re-connected to the SSID they were on before. But, no matter how many times I tried, I could not persuade the others (same make and model) to connect to that SSID. So I tried connecting them to another SSID and they connected straight away....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• neil201
  • User
  • User
More
22 Apr 2024 17:24 #20 by neil201
Are those WLAN SSID's generated from an WLAN enabled version of the 2927 or standalone AP's? I'm using 6x Ubiquiti Uni-Fi AP's and not experienced issues you are seeing with any form of connectivity, just the Router itself.

Sadly it seems Draytek have now gone quiet and I'm not getting a response to Technical Support emails, it's as if they've basically shut down the reported issue. I can catagorically tell them this IS a firmware issue with v4.4.5 as proven when trying to rebuild my configuration (which I shouldn't have had to do).

More
23 Apr 2024 09:14 #21 by piste basher
I have a 2927ax and 3 off AP906 - the SSID's are broadcast from all 4 devices. I did find (twice) on loading 4.4.5, discovering the various issues, and reverting to 4.4.3.1 that the wifi settings on the AP906's had been screwed up.

More
24 Apr 2024 11:14 #22 by stevepritchard
FWIW I've just noticed the screwed up fixed IP comments (truncated to 11 chars + 3 chars from the following item). When I saved the change I needed to make, then the names just look truncated to 11 chars.

I don't have VLAN tagging, and don't have Draytek WiFi (I use Unifi), and so far the router seems stable, and isn't rebooting.

• e.ringrose
  • User
  • User
More
01 May 2024 22:13 #23 by e.ringrose
I can also confirm that a 2865Vac also has the corrupted comments issue with 4.4.5.

On initial view it was as originally configured, refreshed, and any blank entries have now been filled with other data from other configured entries.
The number of characters is also somewhat more than 12 or 15 , I've counted 77 which is multiple combined entries including blank space padding.

This will be reported to support.

• neil201
  • User
  • User
More
01 May 2024 22:20 #24 by neil201
I've been dealing with Support but sadly their response is that they want me to prove the issue isn't my configuration when I've told them repeatedly the unit is fine on v4.3.3.1. I get the impression 1st line support is pretty much admin based rather than including any IT intellectual knowledge in their responses. Once it gets past this and on to 2nd lime things intellectually pick up.