DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2927AC Fixed IP comment corrupted and reboots with v4.4.5 firmware

• piste basher
  • Away
More
03 Apr 2024 08:57 #7 by piste basher
Another one - I don't know whether it was during the "upgrade" to 4.4.5 or the reversion to 4.4.3.1, but at some stage all of the VLAN Tag boxes in the wifi setttings on my AP906's became filled with date strings.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2024 14:54 #8 by ianfretwell
I've upgraded both an 'ax' and an 'Lac' 2927 with no apparent issues - both working fine (one on BTNet the other on Sky)

BUT

in both cases the upgrade file came from the Taiwan FTP site - are all the people with issues using the one from the UK pages perhaps ?

I know there shouldn't be any difference but...

Having just checked they do seem to be the same...at least in terms of file size...

• piste basher
  • Away
More
03 Apr 2024 18:43 #9 by piste basher
I've just tried the 4.4.5 from the Taiwan site - in addition to the "scrambled comments" and the absence of the mesh sync tickboxes noted above I found two more new "features" :

The Mesh Status page showed my three nodes as "yellow", meaning that they are "online" but they never become "green" meaning ready to Sync; and these are wired nodes, not wireless, so there should be no connection issues

The system wouldn't let me change the channel on the 2.4GHz wifi - it started on 4 and no matter how many times I tried to change it, it stayed on 4. I didn't even try 5GHz as by this time I was thoroughly fed up and decided to revert to 4.4.3.1

and once again changing these firmwares plays havoc with the wifi settings of my AP906's. although I don't see any reason why they should be affected....

getting disillusioned with Draytek once more....

• viper5500
  • User
  • User
More
17 Apr 2024 09:37 #10 by viper5500
We are also having issues with 4.4.5 causing routers to reboot.
Only seems to be some 2927 routers, some work fine with the firmware but others will reboot every few minutes until the firmware is rolled back to an earlier version.
We also noticed that the graphic of the router in dashboard does not show any ports connected in 4.4.5 on affected routers, again rolling back to the earlier firmware fixes this issue as well.

We have hundreds of Draytek routers deployed and they used to be rock solid, but we are seeing more and more issues lately, and that is making us think we may need to look at another router brand.

More
18 Apr 2024 17:08 #11 by ianfretwell
Draytek sent me the 4.4.5_RC6_BT for the 2866 today - at my request. As I wanted to see if it exhibits the same issues.

Build date is 23 Feb - so some 2 months later than the 2927 build.

But sure enough the IP comments all have the same issue as noted for the 2927's.
Monitoring it now to see how it behaves with regards to reboots.

• neil201
  • User
  • User
More
19 Apr 2024 19:07 #12 by neil201
Since my last post somebody at Draytek support has picked this up and looked at it, they reported it is my configuration causing the issue (as I shared the Router config file with them securely), however after manually rebuilding the configuration from scratch this afternoon the same symptoms are showing with continual reboots so there's definitely more than just an error on any previous Router config.

If a configuration file works fine on v4.3.3.1 but not v4.4.5 that points towards a firmware issue surely?