DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2927AC Fixed IP comment corrupted and reboots with v4.4.5 firmware

More
22 May 2024 14:07 #31 by piste basher
No - and if all that's changed is the password mechanism that's not going to fix all the issues :roll: Surely we can't be the only few in the world of Draytek that are suffering these things?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• neil201
  • User
  • User
More
22 May 2024 15:24 #32 by neil201
... unless they've secretly found the issue, fixed it and tucked the previous issue under the carpet! I'll take a look at it and potentially give it a go when I'm behind the LAN of my home 2927.

Interestingly this FW hasn't made it's way to the UK Draytek site as of yet, I presume it will over the next few days. Has this FW just gone live on the Taiwan site today?

More
22 May 2024 20:00 #33 by ianfretwell
Seems to take weeks sometimes between the Taiwan site releasing something and the UK one catching up...they're obviously busy fixing all our problems :D

More
24 May 2024 10:53 #34 by pharcyder
I've seen undocumented change of behaviours that are not called out in the Release Notes. Most of them though were correcting a feature so that it behaved as documented.

I have a 2865 plugged into an Altnet's ONT so I'm not dependant on BT certification. I'm going to take one for team and upgrade. Will report back.

Edit: Ah 4.4.5.1 isn't available for the 2865 yet.

• neil201
  • User
  • User
More
24 May 2024 17:27 #35 by neil201
I presume folks that the Taiwanese site version of the FW is almost identical to that released on the UK or in Europe? Is it all in English? I'm tempted to update when I've got a bit of time to properly monitor it on my 2927, I've a remote 2927 and certainly not doing that one until I know the new flavour of FW has resolved these issues.

More
25 May 2024 11:36 #36 by piste basher
The Taiwan firmware is available in English. I've usually understood any differences between those and the UK site versions to be perhaps more important for routers incorporating modems, although I guess there's no gurantee that other differences might not exist.