DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!

More
02 Apr 2009 21:32 #19 by mordorf
Replied by mordorf on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!
Have just checked and the lease time can be changed via telnet. The default setting seems to be 72 days! Normally you'd configure a dhcp lease to last about a week. Since my home network hasn't got many hosts on it I've changed it to be 1 hour. Will see if this helps any.

The command to change it is:
srv dhcp leasetime 3600

This will set the leasetime to 1 hour, 3600 seconds but you'll need to renew the lease on your gear so that it knows that the lease time is only 1 hour. You can do this in windows from the command prompt by issuing the following command:
ipconfig /renew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2009 22:00 #20 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!
Strange thing is ive just rememered that I have an IP bound to the laptops MAC address so is it dhcp?

Howard

More
03 Apr 2009 06:03 #21 by mordorf
Replied by mordorf on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!
Yes, it's a dhcp reservation. Basically it means that the dhcp service will give you the same ip address every time.

More
05 Apr 2009 19:29 #22 by briain
Replied by briain on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!

euanwebster wrote:

Briain wrote:

sydoveton wrote: Ok here is the 3.x_B123108a version where everything works for me.

http://tr.im/hWLF

I hold no responsibility either.

Hi

Thank you very much for making this available; I've installed it, will test it over the next day or so, then drop a note on this forum.

Bri

Hi Bri,

Any luck with this version?

Cheers

Euan

Hi Euan

It seems to be excellent thus far!! Although I had no issues with most wireless clients (PDAs & Laptops) with the other firmware, I had major problems with a Logitech Duet controller. No matter which versions of controller firmware I tried, it just kept [apparently] dropping out. I've just tried it on the 3.x_B123108a beta firmware and it seems to be working a lot better so far, but it’s early days yet; I’ll try to test it more extensively but time is a bit scarce at the moment. Like I say, it simply didn't work before and it does now so that's a pretty big change! :)

My post on the SlimDevices forum reads:

Hi

I installed the latest Draytek beta firmware (B123108a) and it was still playing up (I had reverted to SC 7.2). I then tried the current release of 7.3.2 but keeping Jive 3191 and firmware 58 and it now seems to all work very well. I've not extensively tested it but it's now showing cover art whilst playing, it's playing whole track (as opposed to 10 seconds then stopping) and I can skip through tracks ect; none of these things worked before. I can also see the playlist (with covers) and can delete the playlist; again, these were problem areas before.

It seems that I have found a combination of things that work, but it'll take more time and testing to assess its robustness; so far though, it's the best it's been for months so it's looking good.

Bri

NB All clients set to use DHCP and MAC~IP bindings (not strict).

More
06 Apr 2009 12:23 #23 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!
Had to give up on (B123108a) as the printer on the USB port stopped working! Thats functionality that I thought was now stable on Drayteks.

Howard

More
11 Apr 2009 17:34 #24 by briain
Replied by briain on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!
I'm still not sure this beta works as well as I'd expected. I'm still having dropouts and poor response issues which I never had with my Netgear router. My latest trick was to limit it to 802.11b and that seemed to make it more responsive and reliable but even with that, when I tried an access point discovery (which chucks things off the network) it wouldn't reconnect my test PDA (DHCP with MAC~IP binding)

I'm going to call Draytek on Monday to see if thay have any suggestions. At the moment, it looks like I'm going to have to buy a either a Linksys wap200 or Dlink Dwl-3200AP to add to the 2820 and I'm pretty unhappy at having to fork out additional money to solve this issue.

Bri

Moderators: Sami