DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!

More
17 May 2009 16:13 #49 by briain
Replied by briain on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!
Hi

I'm getting a bit confused now too as I've had more betas on this router than I had glasses of red wine last night (well, err, not quite actually) and am starting to forget which ones I've tried; both firmwares and wines! :)

I honestly can't remember if I've tried 3.3.1.1_211011 but think I might have. I have tried several including 3.3.0.1_221801 and more recently, 3.x_B12310, but they both had problems. The current RC12 seems okay so far but I've no idea where you'd find a link to it as it was sent direct to myself via an email from Draytec support. Sorry, I've never used these file sharing sites and don't have time to read how to join one at the moment. I can return it to you if you send an email: radio at btinternet dot com

Bri

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2009 13:31 #50 by northerngit
Replied by northerngit on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!
Hi - thanks Briain for emailing me your firmware. It worked like a charm. However, this morning I received a response from Draytek, which makes for interesting reading... especially given they haven't updated their UK website yet!

Hello James,

Thank you for query.

Please find attached firmware version 3.3.1.1 which is formal release with this email.

Regards,

Barry

The attached firmware was v2820_v03311_211801_A.all - so one can assume this is the final, working, driven us to drink version? From my initial testing this morning it seems rock solid; as reported by others in this forum...

I can place the file on a mirror somewhere if anyone is interested. Oh and Briain, I've taken the liberty of emailing it to you already ;)

Cheers,

J.

PS/ I should say, I emboldened the word "formal" to make it stand out :)

More
18 May 2009 14:23 #51 by briain
Replied by briain on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!
Hi

Thank you very much indeed for pinging that latest version over to me. I've just uploaded it to the router and we'll see how it goes over the next few days :)

I know that there must be a lot of people getting confused about the quantity and sequence of all the versions (I certainly am) so just enhance clarity, the stable RC12 I’ve been using and the one James has just sent to me are dated as below:

Model Name : Vigor2820 series
Firmware Version : 3.3.1_RC12a
Build Date/Time : Mar 10 2009 14:23:14
ADSL Firmware Version : 211801_A Annex A

Model Name : Vigor2820 series
Firmware Version : 3.3.1.1
Build Date/Time : Apr 29 2009 14:10:30
ADSL Firmware Version : 211801_A Annex A

It looks very much like the one James has been sent by support is the release version following on from the RC12 they sent to me a few weeks ago. Since RC12 behaved itself very well, I guess we can expect this final version to be pretty good. Let's jope they can get round to posting it on their site soon such that everyone can obtain it!

Kindest regards
Bri

More
21 May 2009 13:10 #52 by jolley
Replied by jolley on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!

northerngit wrote: I can place the file on a mirror somewhere if anyone is interested.

I'm interested!

More
22 May 2009 11:57 #53 by admin
Replied by admin on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!
Beta versions which are not on DrayTek's public servers may not be publically distributed.

Forum Administrator

More
22 May 2009 12:04 #54 by northerngit
Replied by northerngit on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!
Ah please accept my apologies - I assumed from the Draytek email this was in fact the "formal" final version.

So can we assume from your removal of the link that v2820_v03311_211801_A is in fact a beta - meaning we still have no official fix after over 7 months of issues?

James

Moderators: Sami