DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!

More
14 Apr 2009 12:16 #25 by anony999
Replied by anony999 on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!
Ok here's my vote on 3.x_B123108a

Tried it for a week or so now, i have all my pcs with static ips and have the router setup as dhcp with ip's bound to the macs as i found i got less dropouts with this setup.

Installed 3.x_B123108a and was ok for 24 hours then the next morning the router needed a reboot to get the wireless back on, since then its ran for around 5 days or so with 2 dropouts which only required a repair in windows to re-establish the connection.

To date this is the best wireless firmware i have used, when i say best thats because all others were garbage...

So by best i mean it works most of the time :) and is by no means really what i would expect for a working wireless firmware...

Also have noticed that the wireless hangs sometimes for a while when browsing, then it kicks in and all is ok....

Draytek really need to sort out there shoddy firmware for this router!

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2009 16:33 #26 by briain
Replied by briain on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!
Yesterday, I sent the below post to Draytek technical support (via their web portal) and this morning, I received a new beta firmware (v2820_a_RC12a.all); I'll check it out and report back here.

Hi

This is a fabulous router but I'm having serious problems with the WAP element. I've read (and contributed to) the forum articles on this issue and have tried many different firmware releases. I get breaks in availability, dropouts, reconnection problems (I'm using DHCP with MAC address ~ IP binding) and generally find it unsatisfactory. I’ve also found it has WPA problems where it sometimes doesn’t see the clients and doesn’t reconnect when clients exit sleep mode.

Can you please give me an indication of where we are with all this as the forum seems to show many people having wireless problems with this model? I'm at the stage where I'll need to order a D-Link WAP to plug into my Draytek as the internal WAP seems to give me endless problems.

I’ve tried Netgear, Sagem and other WAP/router combinations and all work really well. I wish to keep the Draytek due to the other excellent features but am pretty upset at having to pay for a wireless router and now probably having to pay for an external WAP as well.

Kindest regards
Briain

More
22 Apr 2009 00:00 #27 by megadood
Replied by megadood on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!
Hi Guys,

I bought the 2820vn router 2 days ago and my wireless clients cant get an IP via DHCP... some devices wont even connect like PS3 even if i set static IP up on it... looks like you lot are having the same issue. I dont suppose any of you have a phone number for technical support? I cant see one on the website. Ive emailed the support address but so far had an auto reply asking for the serial number and since sending that off nothing more has been heard. Are you guys getting through to support via email or the web form or phone?

I spent extra to get this router as it is fully featured and looks the dogs danglies... finding out ive wasted all that money and my old routers all work fine wirelessly with ADSL2+ and Wireless N is a bit gutting..(netgear/dlink/isp supplied router)

Hopefully they are working on firmware to fix this permanently... What cheeses me off the most is when you log on to their site they have this bug filled router on their homepage being like their flagship product for SMEs. If i was selling something that couldnt even give out DHCP leases to wireless clients i wouldnt be sticking it on the front page of my website...

(end of rant - apologies to all reading this)

Cheers

Martin

More
22 Apr 2009 08:31 #28 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!
http://www.visus.pt/mirrors/draytek/Vigor2820/Firmware/V3.3.1/

Firmware from the above link is the one I have been using for ages (only posted here from the 16th), and mine is rock solid.

More
22 Apr 2009 09:13 #29 by megadood
Replied by megadood on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!

rolandrat wrote: http://www.visus.pt/mirrors/draytek/Vigor2820/Firmware/V3.3.1/

Firmware from the above link is the one I have been using for ages (only posted here from the 16th), and mine is rock solid.

Many thanks mate, I will try that and see how I get on.

PS does this one limit the use of the printer port?

Cheers

Martin

More
22 Apr 2009 11:29 #30 by briain
Replied by briain on topic 3.3.1_RC12a
Hi

I was sent 3.3.1_RC12a by Draytek technical support. I've run with it for a few days and it seems to be pretty good, but 2 days ago, I had sluggish wireless access issue and when I looked in the 'Station List' I couldn't see my wireless devices (this is an issue I've had with previous firmware releases). I rebooted the router and everything's worked fine since then (and I can now see the attached devices in the station list again).

I'm a bit concerned about this as it looks like 331_rc12a might not be the universal answer I was expecting. I had to power it down as part of an electrical maintenance outage (so it’s had another reboot since the initial one) so I've not yet had the up-time to see if it's going to play-up again. Let’s see what happens over the next few days and I’ll update the forum either way.

Bri

Moderators: Sami