DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!

More
05 May 2009 19:53 #37 by mordorf
Replied by mordorf on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!

davent wrote: So, support have just sent me 3.3.2_RC4......will it work? Place bets now!

WOW. How screwed is this version!? Wireless clients can only access other wireless devices but not wired!!!!!!

I take my hat off to you Draytek, you are the only company I have ever encountered that make each successive firmware version MUCH worse than the previous. I reckon at this rate in three or four versions time we'll have a firmware that turns the router into a totally useless brick!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2009 08:57 #38 by gcp
I was given version 3.3.1_232201 by support a few weeks ago and I have to admit it is rock solid. Wireless works perfectly for Macs and PCs, no DHCP problems, VPN is solid, and I've not had to reboot it once.

There seems to be a whole mismatch of versions out there at the moment but no official working releases.

More
07 May 2009 08:07 #39 by davent
Replied by davent on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!
Mordorf.....I totally agree, however my experience with this firmware version was even more extreme, it wouldn't even boot! Had to turn on the emergency tftp server and recover from a working firmware version....getting annoyed now!

More
07 May 2009 12:14 #40 by davent

gcp wrote: I was given version 3.3.1_232201 by support a few weeks ago and I have to admit it is rock solid. Wireless works perfectly for Macs and PCs, no DHCP problems, VPN is solid, and I've not had to reboot it once.

Have just been sent this same version....will let you know how I get on

More
07 May 2009 12:48 #41 by drewy
Replied by drewy on topic My Wireless and DHCP 2820 problems FIXED!
and I just got sent 3.3.1.1

More
12 May 2009 09:00 #42 by davent
So far so good with 3.3.1_232201....

Moderators: Sami