WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

• therealbraderz
  • User
  • User
More
14 Sep 2021 23:32 #139 by therealbraderz
Replied by therealbraderz on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Hi,

Does anyone know why one 3mbit multicast stream would cause CPU usage of 30-40%? I never noticed this on previous draytek devices before 3910. Both IGMP proxy and snooping are enabled.

Also the stream does break up once every 15 minutes or so. Browsing the router's web interface while watching the stream seems to cause constant breaking up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• service_bb
  • User
  • User
More
16 Sep 2021 22:18 #140 by service_bb
Replied by service_bb on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

qwaz01 wrote:

fchef wrote:
Hello dear friends,
So, has the 3910 model been stable with latest firmware? I am thinking of using it in a 100employees company with a 100/100 fiber connection. Half of the will need SSL VPN.
Been using the 2900 with another company of 60 employees, so far everything is OK.

All the basic features work well and ours has been stable with 100+ internal users and 10 site to site VPN tunnels.

I think issues still remain with some of the advanced features like HA but we don't use it so can't say for sure.

I had constant problems at a site - recently updated to the latest firmware then factory reset and built up the config from scratch and touch wood everything (including HA) has been working perfectly.

I'm still not confident like I used to be whenever I'd put a 2960 or even a 2860 - but for now I'm not running into any show stopping issues.

More
05 Nov 2021 19:53 #141 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
The 3910 does seem to be getting stable now. Just upgraded to the latest version will see how that goes

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
05 Nov 2021 19:55 #142 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Agree - been on that version for 397 hours and its been faultless - the IPTV thing fixed a issue I had noticed also, so it been great for me.

More
11 Nov 2021 18:32 #143 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Ahh they've made the old no internet bug worse. Where before web sites could be access only by ipv6 the whole access drops off. Local network fine. The other thing just rebooting the router via the software no longer fixes the issue and you have to power the unit off completely. The internet fell off Tuesday morning so will see if it happens again. Normally this thing happens when you change something like add a mac address or change a rule in the firewall. A few days later it would stop allowing you to browse the web while the local network is fine.

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
11 Nov 2021 18:42 #144 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
How is your WAN connected, I have two ONT's one from Cityfibre & one from Openreach both wan's connect via pppoe credentials, ive not experienced that issue?
Both connections and 3910 been up for 540 hours now.

Edit: been up 1191 hours now, both connections and 3910.