DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

More
26 Mar 2021 12:47 #109 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Looks like I'm going to be busy then.

3910 had a right sissy fit soon after I swapped over to BT. First we got the old favourite part internet access then ipv6 stopped altogether and I had to change the ipv6 settings altogether to get it to work.

Found out my BT connection is an ECI unit so I'm going to try the alternate firmware on the 130's.

Alos seen firmware has updated for the 166 so may re-introduce that into mix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2021 16:44 #110 by robbo_bfc
Replied by robbo_bfc on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Still haven't got a stable 3910 on the 1Gb circuit that I posted about last November. Not sure if anybody else has had problems?

Anyway, I think we've found a bug with NAT on LAN to LAN IPSec VPN following this KB article https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5202

Works fine on a 2952 but not on a 3910. Currently with DrayTek UK support to replicate, but they did spend time connected to our 3910 and couldn't get it to work, so suspect it's a bug - unless anybody else has got NAT over VPN working?

More
27 Mar 2021 15:13 #111 by the pit
Flashed to 3.9.6 after doing backups of course.
IGMP added functions where ones that I set by cli to get my bt yourview box to connect. The igmp fast leave didn't work via cli if I remember correctly so no idea whether it works now. I had to previously disable V3 via cli as the yourview box was V2 as was the vigour 130 and it wasn't a happy bunny with that enable. So it was nice it picked up that setting .

Now interesting things happened on the wan connections and pppoe.

I decided to flash those to alternative firmware as I'm on ECI. The 130 connected but the 3910 wouldn't simply work and the 130 had to be flashed back to the original firmware although I could see it syncing. However the 2nd 130 connected fine with the alternative firmware and 3910 connected via pppoe straight away. Go and figure.

There's one bug still present and it's combining the two landline connections on the download side so I'm getting 110mb connection. This only on one wan pc's on the other wan are getting the normal 55mb. The load balance is set to ip based and not session based.

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
27 Mar 2021 15:18 #112 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

The PIT wrote:

There's one bug still present and it's combining the two landline connections on the download side so I'm getting 110mb connection. This only on one wan pc's on the other wan are getting the normal 55mb. The load balance is set to ip based and not session based.

Sorry PIT didnt quite understand that, can you explain again and I'll test - are you saying with IP based load balancing its behaving like its session based?

More
28 Mar 2021 19:07 #113 by sdltom
Replied by sdltom on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Evening

I have two 3910s in HA. Unit 2, the secondary flip flops between stable and not unstable, it reboots a lot randomly after few hours.

Does unit 2 always restart in high availability or could I have a faulty unit? Unit 1 seems fine since the latest firmware. Time will tell.

Tom

More
30 Mar 2021 09:59 #114 by the pit

rolandrat wrote:

The PIT wrote:

Sorry PIT didnt quite understand that, can you explain again and I'll test - are you saying with IP based load balancing its behaving like its session based?

There's two ways to load balance ip based or session based. If you sue session based as soon as you use the bandwidth one one line it would switch to the other. I've got things split across two wans. Ever so often on the old firmware it would combine the two lines and I get 110 download. However on the upload it would never combine the two lines. Sometimes on a reboot it would work propelry.