Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
30 Mar 2021 10:06 #115 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Ive just tested mine. I have 940/940 vodafone gigafast and 310/50 BT FTTP.
Normally I have a route policy to shove my main PC to the vodafone connection which gets me the 932/940, if I take the route policy off I get 1252/991.
This is using the speedtest app for widows, 10Gbe LAN network.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/9e70c0a9-7466-4e4e-b71f-d31f2f786033

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/8d245e14-3a11-45f9-909a-4087b8e9d4ea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• service_bb
  • User
  • User
More
28 Apr 2021 08:11 #116 by service_bb
Replied by service_bb on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
After updating from 3.9.2.3 (which had been stable for a long time) to 3.9.6 we started seeing problems with one of our VLANS.

VLAN 13 - DHCP provide by the Draytek. Clients were getting DHCP and if they had an existing connection to the internet (i.e our Remote Support tool created a connection instantly on boot) that connection would work fine but the device would be unable to ping or access anything else on the VLAN or the LANs they had access to via inter-lan routing.

I've dropped down to 3.9.2.5 yesterday and it appears to have resolved the issue (although I did have to fix the WAN interface on all port mappings, redirections and load balance rules as well as re-enable aliases on the WAN after the downgrade)

Anyone experienced similar? It was a weird one for sure.

• mattwensley
  • User
  • User
More
08 May 2021 14:16 #117 by mattwensley
Replied by mattwensley on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
We installed one of these on Monday, the next day we started getting major SIP issues with call quality. Users could not hold a conversation. Discovered the draytek was to blame as pinging it's local IP (while plugged directly into its own lan port), was giving us response times between 1 and 200ms randomly. Called DrayTek and they gave us a beta firmware which has completely fixed the problem for now. It really is a great machine so I've got my fingers crossed they can get the firmware sorted.

Edit, fyi, problem firmware was 3.9.6, we're now on 3.9.6_Beta r1594_409_4d55594/v11

More
10 Jun 2021 18:22 #118 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Latest firmware the routing bug is still there. So far it only effects one pc as far as I can see. If I move it from one group to another it works as expected. Move it back and it's session based again. Yet another pc in the same group works correctly.
I'll play around with it over the weekend.

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
10 Jun 2021 19:11 #119 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Still not seeing that issue on latest firmware, sorry.
Cant seem to get APPE Enforcement working though, any one else try please? (ive not used it before now so dont know if its a new thing or not).
On plus side, eventually managed to get my BT connection upgraded, its was stuck at 330Mbps available for some reason, had been for just over a year, the 3910 deals with both gigabit lines without missing a beat.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/95cd3d37-442f-44da-a1df-366fe2843ea0

• service_bb
  • User
  • User
More
13 Jun 2021 10:51 #120 by service_bb
Replied by service_bb on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

mattwensley wrote:
We installed one of these on Monday, the next day we started getting major SIP issues with call quality. Users could not hold a conversation. Discovered the draytek was to blame as pinging it's local IP (while plugged directly into its own lan port), was giving us response times between 1 and 200ms randomly. Called DrayTek and they gave us a beta firmware which has completely fixed the problem for now. It really is a great machine so I've got my fingers crossed they can get the firmware sorted.

Edit, fyi, problem firmware was 3.9.6, we're now on 3.9.6_Beta r1594_409_4d55594/v11

We had the same problem, I requested that beta firmware and the SIP (in this case Teams) issues were resolved.

We do however find that once a week, the router becomes completely unresponsive for 5-10 minutes (happening on a Thursday between 16:30 and 17:10) - just stops responding on the LAN. It then magically comes back but hasn't rebooted (i.e the router uptime, lan and wan uptime haven't reset) - definitely isn't the internet connection as I have another router connected to the same WAN that remains available. I want to love this hardware but it feels like one problem after another at the moment.