WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

• qwaz01
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
07 Dec 2020 11:33 #79 by qwaz01
Replied by qwaz01 on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
We are having issues again with VPN users causing the Draytek CPU to max out and cause packet loss. Today we have 149 VPN users and pinging the external IP is giving packet loss of above 50%, the CPU and Co-CPU are about in the 70% range. If I reboot its fine until about 60-70 VPN users and then the packet loss starts again. How they can advertise the 3910 as supporting 500 VPN's is a joke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2020 11:35 #80 by kid.a
Replied by kid.a on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
I tried VPNing my end users at the start of lockdown 1, terrible stability, lots of disconnects for end users. Quickly decided to try a different tack and now use TeamViewer

More
08 Dec 2020 19:14 #81 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
I may roll back to the previous version.

More
09 Dec 2020 09:02 #82 by kid.a
Replied by kid.a on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
13 days and another drop yesterday. It always happens during the similar times of day (worst times), when the system is busy. I was at lunch so didn't get to check anything as it came back in < 2 mins. So frustrating!

This morning I've swapped over the WAN from using the 2.5 to 1Gbe port. Will wait and see if that has any effect

More
13 Dec 2020 10:18 #83 by the pit
Anybody else had issues with nslookup?

At first I thought it was eset blocking the lookup so removed eset from three machines two of which it borked and put it back on and it's working.
However got another pc which doesn't have eset on and ipv4 gets dns time outs.

Funny thing it was working on all the three computers with eset and stopped working on the same day. The linux box and the works managed one all worked so you can see why I blamed Eset.

Syslog doesn't show any blocking taking place.

More
25 Dec 2020 17:25 #84 by the pit
Well everything has settled down again. 334hrs since last reboot for a config change and no issues for a while.
I noticed a new release which fixes a memory leak for one thing. Also usb features promised again in the release notes.