DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

More
22 Jun 2020 18:48 #7 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
It's pretty poor to be honest that we have to beta test for them. It's better than 2960 when that first came out which meant it was an expensive door stop as that was totally unusable.

Some of the issues you're having I'm having. Running version 3.9.2.1 where devices will not a dhcp address plus issues on the 2.5gbe ports

I'll raise another ticket with draytek the last seems to have got lost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2020 10:50 #8 by the pit
Funnily enough when I stop using trunking via the netgear switch to my nas the lan has been stable with little or no issues.

More
27 Jun 2020 11:05 #9 by the pit
Spoke too soon. Just lost access to the web and needed to do a release and renew.

I've seen they've released 3.9.2.2. Have they fixed the issue you had with the beta versions?

More
03 Jul 2020 12:57 #10 by the pit
3.9.2.2 is a pretty bad gone back to 3.9.2.1. Still have odd Lan issues where a device can't browse the internet but can browse the local network. Sometimes releasing and renewing the ip address fixes the issue other times you need reboot the router.
Reported it too draytek and they told me the firmware was corrupt and to tftp and reload the firmware. Since I'm working from home now don't want to accidentally brick the router although it shouldn't so I'm leaving that plus when other people report similar issues that indicates that firmware isn't corrupt just buggy.

More
03 Jul 2020 13:30 #11 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Interesting as I tried again with 3.9.2.2 from the UK website when it became available, previous attempt was from global website.
Even though they appear to be same versions/build mine has been fine on 3.9.2.2.
Still missing features though that really should be in there before it was released, still no USB use at all - very much a beta product/firmware - will keep going though as there isnt anything else at the moment in price range.

More
04 Jul 2020 18:38 #12 by the pit
Much better on 3.9.2.1. Managed to get a fully working network on my laptop three times on the bounce and no internet drop off overnight. Still compared to 2960 when that first came out it's usable. Possibly in five or six versions of the firmware it maybe fully reliable. Like you say though price wise nothing to match it and my main reason was that the internet speeds are going up and I'll be passing the limit of what 2960 can handle. it's only a matter when virgin push the 350mb tear to 500mb and with the BT connection it would be over what the 2960 could handle.

Moderators: Sami