DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

More
21 Jan 2021 10:00 #91 by qwaz01
Replied by qwaz01 on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
I wonder which will be eliminated first....COVID19 or the 3910 firmware bugs?

Both started about the same time - one involves creating, testing, manufacturing a vaccine and getting several billion people vaccinated. The other involves writing stable firmware code for a single piece of business grade hardware.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2021 10:02 #92 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Well they do say Covid 19 will never be eliminated and we will just have to learn to live with it! :D

More
11 Feb 2021 09:59 #93 by kid.a
Replied by kid.a on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Is anyone still experiencing WAN disconnections?

We're up to the latest firmware and still get a drop once a week or so. LAN is fine, but no matter which WAN Connection Detection method I use, we still get a WAN drop. WAN drops for a couple mins and recovers itself, no router reboots.

I've changed various settings over the months to try and catch it! We don't use VPN, so that's all disabled. Yesterday we had a drop, after it recovered I've now set the WAN port to fixed 1gbps as opposed to auto negotiate (grasping at straws).

I've got a ticket open with support, but they're no help.

More
11 Feb 2021 11:04 #94 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Ive got two wan connections, a Cityfibre FTTP and a BT FTTP, both in the two 2.5Gbe ports, the only time they disconnect is if I unplug them, both rock solid for me. Lan is 10Gbe DAC out to a Unifi switch. Other 10Gbe is mirror port for internet monitor.
Fairly basic setup apart from that, few firewall rules CSM active and DDNS active.

More
13 Feb 2021 10:10 #95 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
No issues since Jan 19th and it has been stable.

Clearly the bug is still there but it seems harder to confuse the unit. Perhaps one more firmware release will put that issue back to bed for once and for all.

Hopefully they'll add some features like jumbo packet support for the 2.5gbe ports. USB of course.

More
23 Feb 2021 20:06 #96 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Well virgin media had another fit falling over and recovering in rapid succession enough to confuse the draytek and end up no internet access. Reboot fixed it.

Moderators: Sami