DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3.9.5_BT 2862 firmware constantly rebooting

• inspectorman
  • User
  • User
More
19 Jan 2021 06:08 #31 by inspectorman
Replied by inspectorman on topic Re: 3.9.5_BT 2862 firmware constantly rebooting
Back to 3.9.4.1 on the support page. So a refreshed firmware is underway, I guess.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2021 12:23 #32 by admin3
One root cause has been determined for the 3.9.5 BT reboots (specific to the BT firmware), which is Syslog, as others have stated in the thread. The firmware team are currently waiting for feedback from customers to confirm whether 3.9.5.1 RC2A BT resolves the reboots. So if any of you have support tickets open, it would be greatly appreciated if you could test the firmware so that the 3.9.5.1 testing & release can go ahead.

If anyone is not using syslog and has seen the router restart with 3.9.5, it would be really good if you could send "sys ver dbg" output to the support team so that any other issues causing restarts can be resolved.

Forum Administrator

More
19 Jan 2021 16:46 #33 by akwe-xavante
Replied by akwe-xavante on topic Re: 3.9.5_BT 2862 firmware constantly rebooting
Don't know why, well yes i do, i once had a bad upgrade experience in the past and now wait a while after each new firmware release before upgrading. Just thought i'd check here before i upgraded tomorrow.

I'll wait for the next firmware upgrade i think. I too use syslog and always use the BT firmware version.

Don't discard an apparently bricked router until draytek technical support give you a death certificate, there are a number of ways a bricked draytek router can be recovered.

More
19 Jan 2021 17:40 #34 by raydray
If I had a spare 2862 router to hand (which I don’t) that could be used to swap out a broken router then I would be willing to test the RC2 firmware.

As Draytek are not confident enough to release their own software without further user testing then I will wait until the next official release has been made available for a few weeks.

More
21 Jan 2021 08:43 #35 by mgillespie2
Replied by mgillespie2 on topic Re: 3.9.5_BT 2862 firmware constantly rebooting
If anyone is having problems trying to load the RC2, the instructions from support are incorrect.

You need to remove decimal points (periods), not decimals. So renamed the extracted all file: v2862_3951_RC2_BT.all

Why they didn't do this before zipping it up is bizzare, they know the routers internal naming rules, not us.

3.9.5.1 RC2 working well here, (3.9.5 was working well also, as I dont use syslog).

• colinjmair
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jan 2021 11:55 #36 by colinjmair
Replied by colinjmair on topic Re: 3.9.5_BT 2862 firmware constantly rebooting
3.9.5.1 RC2_BT working well here too, I do use syslog and did have the reboot problem with 3.9.5_BT.
Syslog working fine on RC2.

Colin