Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 - slow download speeds until reboot

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jan 2021 02:49 #7 by hornbyp

pulck wrote:
But the problem is that the guide is geared towards owners of Draytek routers and requires you to setup VLAN tag insertion and advanced WAN features on your router. I couldn't figure out any way to replicate these settings on my Asus router.

Ah yes, it's all coming back to me now :oops: (I remember discovering that it requires a relatively recent Vigor Router at that; I couldn't get it to work on a 2830n)

He also wrote:

I wrote: The alternative is to give the Asus RT-AC86U an additional WAN IP address on the 192.168.2.0/24 network (which I believe is possible).

Could you give me any more detail about this?

I'm sorry, I can't - I've no experience of ASUS Routers. Googling around, it might be that you have to flash it with non-standard firmware to do this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2021 09:07 #8 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor 130 - slow download speeds until reboot
When following the Draytek guide as above did you notice that on your UK 130 the "Customer" and "Service" boxes are the other way round to those shown in the guide? May help.

I'm sure there's someone on here who is accessing his 130 via an Asus router - possibly AdrianH54? - try a search.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jan 2021 16:24 #9 by hornbyp

Piste Basher wrote:
I'm sure there's someone on here who is accessing his 130 via an Asus router - possibly AdrianH54? - try a search.

@John_7 apparently had it working...

See: https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23986&p=98211#p98208

• pulck
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jan 2021 21:45 #10 by pulck

Piste Basher wrote:
When following the Draytek guide as above did you notice that on your UK 130 the "Customer" and "Service" boxes are the other way round to those shown in the guide? May help.

Oh yes! I hadn't spotted that. I've just tried enabling "Customer" VLAN Tag insertion (whilst keeping "Service" values at default, i.e. enabled and Tag value at 101) and I now have internet connectivity back. Unfortunately, I'm still not able to get into my 130's web interface, but it's one tiny step forwards.... Thank you!

• pulck
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jan 2021 21:46 #11 by pulck

hornbyp wrote:

Piste Basher wrote:

@John_7 apparently had it working...

See: https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23986&p=98211#p98208

Thank you. I'll try posting there and see if I can learn something.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
19 Jan 2021 05:53 #12 by adrianh54
You can access the Vigor stats via 192.168.2.1 using your Asus router when the Vigor130 is in passthrough mode.

Switching to bridge mode removes the DHCP server from the equation.

Asus routers have a setting in GUI "WAN" named " Special ISP Requirements" , here you can choose " Allow VPN and DHCP Connection" turning that setting off and you will not be able to access the Vigor's web interface.

So , unless it is really necessary I would run the modem in its out of the box configuration.