Wireless on Vigor 2860n

• simon.read
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Aug 2013 09:00 #13 by simon.read
Replied by simon.read on topic Re: Wireless on Vigor 2860n
Hi jimmyn yes I agree with you, I can watch an iOS device try to connect, it gets a DHCP lease for a second and then drops it. Like you I have an SBS 2011 box, is yours also serving DHCP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jimmyn
  • User
  • User
More
12 Aug 2013 09:07 #14 by jimmyn
Replied by jimmyn on topic Re: Wireless on Vigor 2860n
yes it is serving DHCP. I spent ages trying to work it out, but I think it is a fault with the router. I will contact Draytek today about this

• jimmyn
  • User
  • User
More
12 Aug 2013 15:52 #15 by jimmyn
Replied by jimmyn on topic Re: Wireless on Vigor 2860n
I've got a ticket raised with Draytek - I'll let you know if there's a resolution to this problem

• simon.read
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Aug 2013 16:36 #16 by simon.read
Replied by simon.read on topic Re: Wireless on Vigor 2860n
Thanks jimmyn, I have a ticket open also, hope they issue a firmware update or fix for this, have a loan AP-700 in place at the moment but I don't want to give it away to fix a problem which shouldn't exist.

More
12 Aug 2013 22:52 #17 by phillb
Replied by phillb on topic Re: Wireless on Vigor 2860n
We have a Vigor 2820 router set to DHCP using a D-Link DWL-2100AP. IPs are assigned fine to Windows laptops and used to be assigned fine to iPhone 4, but since upgrading to iPhone 5s and iPads often get the symptoms mentioned, ie. an IP is briefly given to the iOS device but then the device fails to connect. Restarting the router tends to get everything working again for a day or so, but then the problem returns. Doesn't therefore appear that this is a problem with the wireless part of the router, but with the core DHCP. Am thinking of swapping router but not sure whether to risk another Draytek or use another make, but like the ease of setting up VPNs with the Draytek.

• alisdair73
  • User
  • User
More
16 Aug 2013 17:03 #18 by alisdair73
Replied by alisdair73 on topic Re: Wireless on Vigor 2860n
Exactly the same problem! Nightmare