DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Wireless on Vigor 2860n

More
09 Jan 2014 11:48 #37 by snoop
Replied by snoop on topic Re: Wireless on Vigor 2860n
Hi did you manage to resolve this I have client reporting the same problem even after upgrading to 3.7.3 firmware

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2014 13:03 #38 by cosmap
Replied by cosmap on topic Re: Wireless on Vigor 2860n

snoop wrote: Hi did you manage to resolve this I have client reporting the same problem even after upgrading to 3.7.3 firmware

There is another update 3.7.3.3 also available that is supposed to address this further.

The particular client that was having is issue seems to have gone quiet on the subject. This can be because of one of 3 reasons.

1, 3.7.3.3 resolved the issue
2, They are now using a wired connection
3, The issue may have been caused by external factors and they have finally acknowledged that.

I am going there next week and will test further, but to my recollection, the last time I was there it seemed ok.

Sorry for the vague answer.

Cosma

Draytek 2600VGi, 2800, 2820Vn, * 02830Vn-Plus *, 2850Vn, 2860Vn

More
15 Jan 2014 19:22 #39 by snoop

CosmaP wrote:

snoop wrote: Hi did you manage to resolve this I have client reporting the same problem even after upgrading to 3.7.3 firmware

There is another update 3.7.3.3 also available that is supposed to address this further.

The particular client that was having is issue seems to have gone quiet on the subject. This can be because of one of 3 reasons.

1, 3.7.3.3 resolved the issue
2, They are now using a wired connection
3, The issue may have been caused by external factors and they have finally acknowledged that.

I am going there next week and will test further, but to my recollection, the last time I was there it seemed ok.

Sorry for the vague answer.

Cosma

Ok thanks got 3.7.3.3 from international FTP site and this fixed it

• vyvt
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jan 2014 18:01 #40 by vyvt
Replied by vyvt on topic Re: Wireless on Vigor 2860n
I've recently moved to 2860n from the BT home-hub in a home office and with help of DrayTek support I have got three vlans including two SSIDs set up. All our Apple gear connects fine BUT unlike with the BT Homehub the iPads appear to drop the wifi connection quite quickly after you stop using the internet, Twitter, etc.

This causes a problem with Facetime connections as the caller can't get through to our iPads most of the time.

Has anyone any knowledge of how to stop the connection dropping off? Using 3.7.3

More
21 Jan 2014 18:21 #41 by snoop

VyvT wrote: I've recently moved to 2860n from the BT home-hub in a home office and with help of DrayTek support I have got three vlans including two SSIDs set up. All our Apple gear connects fine BUT unlike with the BT Homehub the iPads appear to drop the wifi connection quite quickly after you stop using the internet, Twitter, etc.

This causes a problem with Facetime connections as the caller can't get through to our iPads most of the time.

Has anyone any knowledge of how to stop the connection dropping off? Using 3.7.3

You need 3.7.3.3 availale at ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2860/

• aonaran
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jan 2014 23:01 #42 by aonaran
Replied by aonaran on topic Re: Wireless on Vigor 2860n

snoop wrote:

VyvT wrote: I've recently moved to 2860n from the BT home-hub in a home office and with help of DrayTek support I have got three vlans including two SSIDs set up. All our Apple gear connects fine BUT unlike with the BT Homehub the iPads appear to drop the wifi connection quite quickly after you stop using the internet, Twitter, etc.

You need 3.7.3.3 availale at ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2860/

3.7.3.3 does not appear to fix the problem. It just takes longer for iPhones/iPads to drop off the network. Before that happens, weird things happen with web browsing - a lot of intermittent pauses (with internal websites).

I can't believe I 'upgraded' from the 2850n to the 2860n-plus. Faulty Wifi, fewer VDSL stats for battling with Openreach. It's a giant step backwards!