DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Wireless on Vigor 2860n

More
22 Sep 2013 15:29 #31 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Wireless on Vigor 2860n
People that have this problem; are you using 2 SSIDs?

Or do you have 1 SSID and have the security mode for it set to Mixed (WPA+WPA2)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2013 12:18 #32 by cosmap
Replied by cosmap on topic Re: Wireless on Vigor 2860n
I am experiencing the same issues.

We have swapped the router and I have been giving thought to putting a couple of the ANT-1005 booster aerials on it incase it is external interference.

The odd thing is the my dell Vostro seems ok when I have been on site, but the users laptops are dropping the wireless.

I am running 3.7.3 and have the following settings

Operation Mode Mixed Mode
Channel Bandwidth 20
Guard Interval auto
Aggregation MSDU(A-MSDU) Enable
Long Preamble Disable
Packet-OVERDRIVETM TX Burst Enable

We are on a clear channel

Any idea's?

Thx

Cosma :roll:

Draytek 2600VGi, 2800, 2820Vn, * 02830Vn-Plus *, 2850Vn, 2860Vn

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
03 Oct 2013 12:27 #33 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Wireless on Vigor 2860n

CosmaP wrote:
Operation Mode Mixed Mode
Channel Bandwidth 20
Guard Interval auto
Aggregation MSDU(A-MSDU) Enable
Long Preamble Disable
Packet-OVERDRIVETM TX Burst Enable

Try to disable packet override if will make any difference ... and then long parameter enable ... then channel bandwidth set to 20/40

More
03 Oct 2013 12:45 #34 by cosmap

babis3g wrote:
Try to disable packet override if will make any difference ... and then long parameter enable ... then channel bandwidth set to 20/40

Hmm... Having scanned all the comments here I have locked the one user down (bound the ip address at the router). if that does not work I will follow your suggestion.

Was your suggestion based on experience, some knowledge, or just varying the standard settings? All valid strategies, but it helps to know why I am changing things.

Thx

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
03 Oct 2013 12:56 #35 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Wireless on Vigor 2860n

CosmaP wrote:

babis3g wrote:

Hmm... Having scanned all the comments here I have locked the one user down (bound the ip address at the router). if that does not work I will follow your suggestion.

Was your suggestion based on experience, some knowledge, or just varying the standard settings? All valid strategies, but it helps to know why I am changing things.

Thx

This is based to the default settings ... i don't' own the 2860 yet, but is also personal experience ... i have the 2830,2830,2760,2920 and all works great with the default settings

More
03 Oct 2013 13:06 #36 by cosmap

babis3g wrote:

CosmaP wrote:

Thx

This is based to the default settings ... i don't' own the 2860 yet, but is also personal experience ... i have the 2830,2830,2760,2920 and all works great with the default settings

Fate is a cruel mistress :lol:

In the time between me starting to reply and now I have been informed that the last change I made had no effect. I have turned off the Packet burst and turned on the Long Preambol. The interesting thing is that those settings were in their default settings.

Let's see what happens now.....