Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n+ Wireless Stalling

• albawater
  • User
  • User
More
19 Aug 2014 01:18 #127 by albawater
Replied by albawater on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Ok... so I still wasn't impressed with the speeds I've been getting thorough the router.
This evening updated to 3.7.4.2 and no improvement.

Until... changed wireless mode from b,g & n to b & g

Speed and we response times have improved dramatically... speed test to BT wholesale tester now 6.5 down, 0.4 up and ping 42ms, where previously they were about 2-3 down, 0.3 up and ping 200-300ms

This is using a 2014 macbook pro i7.

So from this problem appears to be either Draytek or Apples implementation of n.

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2014 19:06 #128 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling

tobythetenor wrote: RC3 is the one that works best for me; definitely more stable than the release version, but unfortunately there's a bug with the ADSL modem code in this one:
http://www.draytek.co.uk/download/support/files/v2860_r41899.zip

Um, you do know you can select modem codes on the router under WAN - General Setup - WAN1 right? That firmware has a couple of them I think, I had the same trouble with I think the default DSL modem code and that firmware but it worked with the other one.

albawater wrote: This evening updated to 3.7.4.2 and no improvement.

Speed and we response times have improved dramatically... speed test to BT wholesale tester now 6.5 down, 0.4 up and ping 42ms, where previously they were about 2-3 down, 0.3 up and ping 200-300ms

That sounds more like interference, have you tried setting the channel bandwidth to 20MHz under wlan - advanced setting and also tried different channels? 11g might turn off the channel bonding which would avoid the interferency channel (that you can't see without using something like inssider).

More
05 Sep 2014 10:50 #129 by baldrick69
Replied by baldrick69 on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling

albawater wrote: Ok... so I still wasn't impressed with the speeds I've been getting thorough the router.
This evening updated to 3.7.4.2 and no improvement.

This is using a 2014 macbook pro i7.

So from this problem appears to be either Draytek or Apples implementation of n.

Ben

I have the same issue. All works fine with wifi switched off. Switch it on and internet connection becomes unstable and drops out.

I've tried the latest release firmware and the beta firmware.

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
05 Sep 2014 16:52 #130 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
have you tried it on just G & N ?

• faris
  • User
  • User
More
05 Sep 2014 17:33 #131 by faris
Replied by faris on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Just to add to the general info on this topic, changing the ARP time to 600 seems to have resolved the problems I was having with the wireless stalling, although I have also done to bind MAC to IP on all wireless devices, just for good measure :-)

This is still with 3.7.4.1 and without doing a factory reset, which I really don't want to do!

I've not tried the latest 3.7.4.2 yet, but I may do so this evening because I want to see my full vdsl stats which seems to be enabled on the .2 firmware.

More
11 Sep 2014 17:19 #132 by flooble
Replied by flooble on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
3.7.4.2 seems pretty unstable on the VDSL side for me, loses sync at least once an hour.

Dropped back to 3.7.3.3 and it's fine again - I'll put up with the crappy guest wireless still (even though the ARP timeout has been set)