DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n+ Wireless Stalling

More
14 Sep 2014 14:20 #133 by destroyer
Replied by destroyer on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling

flooble wrote: 3.7.4.2 seems pretty unstable on the VDSL side for me, loses sync at least once an hour.

Dropped back to 3.7.3.3 and it's fine again - I'll put up with the crappy guest wireless still (even though the ARP timeout has been set)

Tried a factory reset and complete reconfiguration??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2014 15:00 #134 by flooble
Replied by flooble on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling

Destroyer wrote:
Tried a factory reset and complete reconfiguration??

Nope - loathe to do that unless there's some evidence it's actually going to help.

More
18 Sep 2014 20:09 #135 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling

flooble wrote: loathe to do that unless there's some evidence it's actually going to help.

Why? Not difficult and you can restore your previous config if it makes no difference.

Forum Administrator

More
18 Sep 2014 23:13 #136 by tightpants
Replied by tightpants on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Three of us here on two Dell laptops and an Apple iPad connected to a 2860n. All losing our connections simultaneously every twenty minutes or so. The Draytek is on the latest firmware and set to "n" wireless only. Our old Draytek 2600 was far more reliable and judging by the number of posts on this thread the problem with the wireless will never be fixed on the 2680n. My conclusion is that it is fine for wired connections but hopeless for wireless. I'm now looking at a separate wireless access point from someone other than Draytek.

More
19 Sep 2014 01:02 #137 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
The problem described in this thread (mostly) only affected some configs and is fixed with the 3.7.4.2 release firmware. Give that a go first.

• iuksystems
  • User
  • User
More
22 Sep 2014 12:03 #138 by iuksystems
Replied by iuksystems on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
I upgraded from 2820 to 2860 and installed 3.7.4.2 straight away. I get drop outs regularly, something which I have not experienced with my old 2820. I have configured them the same way. I have been looking for a solution with no luck and have decided to return the 2860 as it's not 'fit for purpose'.

Hope this helps someone.