Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n+ Wireless Stalling

• plittlemore
  • User
  • User
More
15 Nov 2014 14:12 #145 by plittlemore
Replied by plittlemore on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling

zebbedi wrote: Mine's suffering from the same issue. 3.7.4.3 made no difference. DrayTek support now want me to send in the router for investigation. I sent them screenshots of a continuous ping from multiple devices all claiming the router itself was unreachable despite having a full wireless signal. The ping also shows huge lags in response times (3 seconds+) occurring at random intervals.

Did you ever get anywhere with Draytek Support?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zebbedi
  • User
  • User
More
15 Nov 2014 14:18 #146 by zebbedi
Replied by zebbedi on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
I sent it back. They couldn't find anything wrong but swapped the wireless component. It's not as good as my 2850 or 2820 but it's been a lot better since.

• plittlemore
  • User
  • User
More
13 Jan 2015 13:45 #147 by plittlemore
Replied by plittlemore on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Has anyone tried v3.7.8 which appears to be available from Draytek.com?

Not sure I can put up with the effort of installing, updating the router config and then finding it has the exact same problem again.

More
13 Jan 2015 15:39 #148 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Just to be clear, the firmware does not add 802.11ac to hardware. 802.11ac would require a new product (not yet released).

Like you wouldn't firmware to make a Vigor2860 support 802.11n if the hardware didn't ? :-)

Forum Administrator

• faris
  • User
  • User
More
13 Jan 2015 17:26 #149 by faris
Replied by faris on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Depends. If it is a software-defined radio and the frequencies used are supported then why not?

But anyway, I stand corrected :-) Sorry for any confusion.

• joncc4
  • User
  • User
More
29 May 2015 14:42 #150 by joncc4
Replied by joncc4 on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
I am experiencing a similar problem....machines hard wired to the router work flawlessly, however wireless devices suddenly end up with the browser action wheel whirling away endlessly. Sometimes a refresh fixes, sometimes not. At best we get a couple of minutes use before it lags out again.

Is this a fault with the 2860 wifi? Have tried connecting via both 2.4 and 5ghz and am in the same room as the router with no signal contention with neighbours!