2860n+ Wireless Stalling

• macximum
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Apr 2014 23:06 #1 by macximum
2860n+ Wireless Stalling was created by macximum
I myself run and regularly recommend the use of the 2860n+ to my clients.

I noticed the wireless stalling the other day and thought it might be down to my ISP (Virgin Cable), did some diagnosing with them and then run through the usual process of elimination locally on my home network. I have come to the conclusion it is the DrayTek, hard wired on ethernet it's absolutely fine so it has something to do with the wireless and this is without any config changes to the router at the time it started.

I have now recently upgraded the 2860n+ firmware to 3.7.4.1 in the hope it would resolve the stalling wifi issue but it hasn't gone away.

I'm tinkering with 5GHz channels, and standards (currently 802.11n only), similar with the 2.4GHz but this has made no difference.

My wireless clients are getting stalled frequently, it is impossible to stream media from the internet or locally as the wireless stall will last for about 30 seconds and invariably any buffering falls way behind. Surfing the net is just about manageable but frustrating at times when constantly requesting content mid stall!

Wireless signal is maintained during the stall and signal is very strong all over the premises.

Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• buddylove_123
  • User
  • User
More
28 Apr 2014 10:43 #2 by buddylove_123
Replied by buddylove_123 on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
I'm having similar problems with my 2860n where my second SSID is stalling. I have to disable the WIFI on my client device and then reconnect. This works up to 2 minutes max. I'm on firmware 3.7.3.3

• macximum
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Apr 2014 23:06 #3 by macximum
Replied by macximum on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
It seems we are not the only ones! Come on DrayTek, lets see some action on this issue please.

http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19314

• sam.thompson
  • User
  • User
More
01 May 2014 09:51 #4 by sam.thompson
Replied by sam.thompson on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
I'm having this issue too. Also tried upgrading firmware to 3.7.4.1 out of hours last night, but the issue remains.

• faris
  • User
  • User
More
01 May 2014 13:39 #5 by faris
Replied by faris on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Same problem here.

I was having some minor issues with wifi on 3.7.3 so I thought I'd try 3.7.4.1 but unfortunately it has made things worse :-(

• sam.thompson
  • User
  • User
More
01 May 2014 14:41 #6 by sam.thompson
Replied by sam.thompson on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Just had a response from Draytek:

Thanks for your email. Can you set the following on the router, this may keep a more stable connection.

Wireless LAN > General setup - Channel = 11 Wireless LAN > Security - Mode = WPA2/PSK Only

Then angle the 2 outer aerials at a 45 degree angle and leave the centre areal vertical.

Can you test the wireless connection, you may need to remove the wireless network on your devices and then re scan and reconnect.

In my case, I'm using the 2860N which only has two aerials, so I've left these both at 45 degree angles. I've also already run various WiFi analytic tools today, which have all concluded channel 1 is the most suitable for our location (we were on 12 previously), so will leave this as-is.

I've updated the security mode from Mixed(WPA+WPA2)/PSK to WPA2/PSK as suggested, so we'll see if this makes any difference.