DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n+ Wireless Stalling

More
28 Sep 2014 11:45 #139 by flooble
Replied by flooble on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling

admin wrote:

Why? Not difficult and you can restore your previous config if it makes no difference.

I'd just rather go for an evidence-based approach rather than throw some voodoo at the problem. Wireless dropouts are now much worse with iOS8 too. I either suffer crappy wireless or crappy VDSL... Can't win!

I know there are a variety of modem firmwares too - can anyone suggest what I should be running for that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2014 19:15 #140 by tightpants
Replied by tightpants on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
I would say 3.7.4.2 is far more reliable than the previous version. The connection still drops now and again but not nearly as frequently as before.

I too would much rather troubleshoot using evidence rather than trial and error. The hours I have wasted with the latter.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
30 Sep 2014 09:39 #141 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Today there is a new firmware at main Taiwan 3.7.4.3 & has few fixes

• plittlemore
  • User
  • User
More
30 Sep 2014 11:37 #142 by plittlemore
Replied by plittlemore on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
The release notes certainly dont fill me with confidence it will fix anything to do with the wireless.

I guess I'll try it later on, as the 2860 has been relegated to being a "testing" device now.

• zebbedi
  • User
  • User
More
03 Oct 2014 13:20 #143 by zebbedi
Replied by zebbedi on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Mine's suffering from the same issue. 3.7.4.3 made no difference. DrayTek support now want me to send in the router for investigation. I sent them screenshots of a continuous ping from multiple devices all claiming the router itself was unreachable despite having a full wireless signal. The ping also shows huge lags in response times (3 seconds+) occurring at random intervals.

• faris
  • User
  • User
More
06 Nov 2014 21:13 #144 by faris
Replied by faris on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Just to add to the info in this thread, I followed a suggestion from a couple of pages back which has resolved the problem for me:

Code:
ip arp setCacheLife 600

I have not tried doing a full reset as I have too many settings that I don't want to have to re-configure - I'm bound to have forgotten something.

And as I understand it, doing a config backup, then a full reset, then restoring the backup isn't an option as it may restore the problem too :-(
Can anybody confirm whether this really is the case though please?