DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Setting up 2820n with Virgin Broadband

More
13 Mar 2010 10:04 #43 by sportbilly
Replied by sportbilly on topic Setting up 2820n with Virgin Broadband
As decribed, just to confirm with any virgin connection you always have the virgin supplied modem in place - this connects to the coaxial cable - from there you do what you want, direct connection (not advised) or router.

The draytek is superior to the DLink they supply, the USB wireless dongle they supply is ok though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nilz38
  • Topic Author
More
09 Apr 2010 22:34 #44 by nilz38
Replied by nilz38 on topic Setting up 2820n with Virgin Broadband
We had a power cut and the router set back to its default setting, why would it do that, has anyone any suggestions!! :(

More
09 Apr 2010 22:36 #45 by sportbilly

nilz38 wrote: We had a power cut and the router set back to its default setting, why would it do that, has anyone any suggestions!! :(

I've experience that once before - best thing is to backup the settings for easy restore. I wouldnt worry about it unless it does it again.

• nilz38
  • Topic Author
More
10 Apr 2010 09:12 #46 by nilz38
Replied by nilz38 on topic Setting up 2820n with Virgin Broadband
Hi Sportbilly, I have taken this router and set this up on my network to check the settings , can you remind me where the release/ renew button is. As when I click on on line status, it shows packets sent and received.

More
11 Apr 2010 19:01 #47 by sportbilly

nilz38 wrote: Hi Sportbilly, I have taken this router and set this up on my network to check the settings , can you remind me where the release/ renew button is. As when I click on on line status, it shows packets sent and received.

On the online status page there is a release buttong on the top right of the WAN2 status section, once released then it changes to say renew.

Moderators: Sami