Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!

• lectrician
  • Topic Author
More
16 Aug 2015 16:06 #1 by lectrician
2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW! was created by lectrician
Hi.

I have upgraded and downgraded my firmware, and am currently on 3.7.8.3, with modem code 567517_A/B/C HW: A

My internet seems fine one minute, but then goes so slow that pages fail to load, parts of pages are missing or corrupt etc. It gets to the stage where it just wont work at all, but pings to the internet appear fine.

I am not sure if this has something to do with vectoring while reading other posts?

I have fitted the BT openreach VDSL modem and cheapy router back, and the line flies. I have missed that sort of speed! The whole point of Infinity!
I have now connected the BT openreach VDSL modem into WAN2, and am connecting via PPPoE just fine, and the speed is still there. It's perfect. The issue obviously is the VDSL modem in the Draytek. It's a shame, as the only reason I upgraded from the 2830 was to loose the BT openreach modem!

Any advice on troubleshooting this annoying problem? It's a rather expensive wall decoration otherwise!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lectrician
  • Topic Author
More
16 Aug 2015 20:07 #2 by lectrician
Replied by lectrician on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!
Just upgraded to v2860_3783_vector2.zip / v2860_3783_574307.all (Contains modem code 574307).

Speed very good, but I seem to get issues where some websites appear very quickly, and some just time out again. This is on several PCs and smartphones/tablets.

Have gone back to the BT OR modem again :-(

More
18 Aug 2015 14:49 #3 by mike gatehouse
Replied by mike gatehouse on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!
Similar experience. I just signed up to BT Netfinity 1 (supposed to be 38Mbps). They sent me their HomeHub 5 VDSL router as part of the package.
I didn't want to use this, so connected my Vigor 2860nPlus directly to the master socket. Managed to configure and get it working.
However downstream speeds are way below those promised. So I connected the BT HomeHub instead and got significantly faster downstream speed.
Draytek advised flashing firmware, which I did. Strangely this made downstream even slower, but increased upstream by 20%.

Current speeds obtained are:
Draytek 2600nPlus: D: 17.89 U: 5.82
Homehub 5: D: 27.35 U: 4.43
It's a huge difference!

Also: using the Draytek router, I cannot access BT TV's multicast channels. Using the Homehub I can.

Any suggestions?

More
18 Aug 2015 18:25 #4 by wannabemkii
Replied by wannabemkii on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!
I'm also having the same issue, mentioned here .

As a result, my 2860 is currently sitting idle, as I've gone back to the BTOR modem with an Asus router.

Hoping DrayTek come up with a solution soon...

But keep us all posted on any progress.

• toekneem
  • User
  • User
More
18 Aug 2015 19:08 #5 by toekneem
Replied by toekneem on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!

Mike Gatehouse wrote: Similar experience. I just signed up to BT Netfinity 1 (supposed to be 38Mbps). They sent me their HomeHub 5 VDSL router as part of the package.
I didn't want to use this, so connected my Vigor 2860nPlus directly to the master socket. Managed to configure and get it working.
However downstream speeds are way below those promised. So I connected the BT HomeHub instead and got significantly faster downstream speed.
Draytek advised flashing firmware, which I did. Strangely this made downstream even slower, but increased upstream by 20%.

Current speeds obtained are:
Draytek 2600nPlus: D: 17.89 U: 5.82
Homehub 5: D: 27.35 U: 4.43
It's a huge difference!

Also: using the Draytek router, I cannot access BT TV's multicast channels. Using the Homehub I can.

Any suggestions?

regarding BT TV's multicast.
Have you enabled IGMP Proxy and IGMP Snooping.
Works here with no problems using the BT TV service and the 2860 on its own

• lectrician
  • Topic Author
More
21 Aug 2015 18:12 #6 by lectrician
Replied by lectrician on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!

WannabeMKII wrote: I'm also having the same issue, mentioned here .

As a result, my 2860 is currently sitting idle, as I've gone back to the BTOR modem with an Asus router.

Hoping DrayTek come up with a solution soon...

But keep us all posted on any progress.

There is certainly some issue, although I do have a couple of these on other sites and they work OK! No issues reported or noticed.