DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!

• robster
  • User
  • User
More
27 Nov 2015 08:18 #25 by robster
Replied by robster on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!
Ashy

I thought it was a mistake

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gembrain
  • User
  • User
More
27 Feb 2016 15:15 #26 by gembrain
Replied by gembrain on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!

WannabeMKII wrote: Update from me.

Disabling 'Hardware Acceleration' made a massive improvement, but was still getting lots of disconnects, especially after about 4 days.

So, I'm now running the same firmware (3.7.8.3), but now using 573807 rather than 574307.

After a disconnect the first morning about 3AM, then again about two days later at a similar time, the connection has remained stable for 5.5 days so far... Fingers crossed.

So did your connection settle down with this firmware and modem and all statyed OK?

• mcquaim
  • User
  • User
More
27 Feb 2016 16:10 #27 by mcquaim
Replied by mcquaim on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!
I'm curious about this too!

I have been onto Draytek for over a month now about this very issue and the support guys lead me to believe this was an isolated issue for me! I can't believe that all these posts exist and they never told me anything about them!

They were actually in direct contact with my ISP support and then suggested it was an issue on how they had the MSAN configured or that in Ireland it was set up differently!

What they did figure out between them and my ISP is that vectoring is not getting enabled when the 2860ac is connecting. My Netgear D6400 and a Technicolor router enable it just fine!

Without vectoring my DSL sync speeds are approximately 20Mbps slower on downstream and 5Mbps slower on the upstream!

I'm currently on a new vector 3 firmware they said would resolve the problem but it hasn't changed anything!

If anyone found any solution it would be greatly appreciated!

More
29 Feb 2016 13:47 #28 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!
It sounds pretty 'isolated' to me considering the number of routers that must be out there but actually it seems that your issue with vectoring is completely different to the other two people so lumping them together will just confuse the issue. And if your ISP isn't using standard compliant vectoring then you would see that result and there's nothing the router mfr. can do (other than kludge their firmware to support the non-standard system, but I guess that would break it for the rest of us). Did they deduce anything from your logs?

Forum Administrator

• mcquaim
  • User
  • User
More
29 Feb 2016 13:57 #29 by mcquaim
Replied by mcquaim on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!
You are as useful as a glass hammer! I suggest you look firstly look up the definition of isolated and then go do your job and provide some helpful support :roll: All the issues on all three threads look very similar to me and everyone else who have commented to say they too are seeing the same issue!!!

The fact you haven't denied that this is a known issue confirms you guys already knew about it! You've just wasted a month of my time trying every setting and firmware available when none of them were ever going to work :evil:

• jason.fell
  • User
  • User
More
29 Feb 2016 15:53 #30 by jason.fell
Replied by jason.fell on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!
I have just posted a heads up on QoS, this also produced slow speeds issues, but the modem reported connection at full speed.

I turned off QoS entirely, and everything is up to a much better speed, never had this issue with the old 2830......