DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!

• sp0ok
  • User
  • User
More
03 Oct 2015 14:31 #19 by sp0ok
Replied by sp0ok on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!

S2KIP wrote:

Sp0oK wrote: Has anyone found a reliable solution for this yet? I have tried various configurations made here so far but It's been an ongoing issue for me now for months and doesn't seem to be getting resolved. The 2860 is more use as a paper weight at the moment than a working solution with BT Infinity.!

Going to try some older firmware versions and see what the outcome is.

Under firewall is the call filter enabled? If so try disabling it.

Just disabled that setting will see how it goes over the next few days. also reverted back to 3.7.3.3 then will look at upgrading it again to 3.7.8.3 vector support or do it now? what do you recommend

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2015 20:07 #20 by gbrown100
Replied by gbrown100 on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!
I have had various issues with this (and leased lines) Hardware Acceleration is number 1 culprit... I always turn it off, never seen it do anything good.
Secondly, anything above 3.7.8 appears unstable. Especially using fixed IP addresses on the WAN2, 3.8.1 also suffers with this. (Reported to Draytek)
Thirdly, factory reset your router with the .all and reconfigure. Even if you just got it. I've had plenty of units with "Funky" firmwares that just plain screwed around until reset.
Lastly, have had issues where the 2860 suddenly had problems with a Mk2 faceplate, upgraded to Mk3 and reset the Cab Port and all was fine.

Good luck

Graham

• robster
  • User
  • User
More
26 Nov 2015 09:11 #21 by robster
Replied by robster on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!
I cannot get my 2860 to even connect with BT, would appreciate some pointers/assistance!

I have two broadband connections at my house, both ar BT delivered but one is real BT and the other is Zen.

Currently Zen is on the Wan2 port with a dumb Fibre modem and is working fine if not at BT advertised speeds!

BT is on Wan1 and is currently ADSL.

I want to move Zen onto the 2860n Wan1 port on VDSL2 which in theory should work.

I followed Draytek setup instructions but the Zen connection never seemed to 'connect'.

The only setup step I did not follow was adding a plan tag, I do not use plans, so do not understand why Drayek instructions suggest setting it to 101?

I have gone back to having Zen on my Wan2 port but really want to change this as I would like to upgrade my BT broadband to fibre as well and know that BT will be more helpful if they are using their own modem!

Any help in getting my 2860n to connect to Zen/BT on the Wan1 VDSL2 port would be hugely appreciated!

I am currently running Firmware 3.7.8.3, DSL version 544401_A HW:A

Robin

More
26 Nov 2015 09:23 #22 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!

The only setup step I did not follow was adding a plan tag, I do not use plans, so do not understand why Drayek instructions suggest setting it to 101?

You mean VLAN.... why don't you use them? It won't work without them... It's a WAN VLAN - don't confuse it with your LAN. You do need to set that, and as you see, it doesn't work without it. I assume it does sync.

Forum Administrator

• robster
  • User
  • User
More
26 Nov 2015 21:44 #23 by robster
Replied by robster on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!
Hi

Damn spell checker changed vlan to plan!

So I don't need to put a vlan tag in when I am running ads, why do I need it for vdsl2?

What does it actually do?

Robin

More
27 Nov 2015 07:49 #24 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!

Robster wrote: I don't need to put a vlan tag in when I am running ads, why do I need it for vdsl2?

Because the ISPs use them!

What does it actually do?

They add a marker to your data. Maybe to allow for multiplay. Maybe BT's video services
or BT public Wifi use different tags.

Forum Administrator