DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!

• mcquaim
  • User
  • User
More
29 Feb 2016 16:02 #31 by mcquaim
Replied by mcquaim on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!

jason.fell wrote: I have just posted a heads up on QoS, this also produced slow speeds issues, but the modem reported connection at full speed.

I turned off QoS entirely, and everything is up to a much better speed, never had this issue with the old 2830......

Cheers!

It's not QoS for me I'm afraid as the DSL sync speeds are way down on the 2860 compared to Netgear and Technicolor routers! I wish it was as easy as QoS..

Anyway, they have to go back to the shop today though as my returns period is up and I'm not going to miss that or I'll have two very expensive paperweights on my hands :cry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Feb 2016 16:46 #32 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!

admin wrote: The vectoring used here by my ISP is the standard and fully compliant ITU-T G.993.5.

Says your ISP? The router says otherwise. The point being that you can help everyone involved isolate/diagnose the issue without choosing to blame anyone or jump to conclusions.

I suggest you do some research and look up my ticket before posting more lies.... Where are you getting this crap from...

You will be removed if you can't calm down, avoid vulgar language and be polite. I don't have access to DrayTek's ticket system.

mcquaim wrote: You are as useful as a glass hammer! I suggest you look firstly look up the definition of isolated and then go do your job and provide some helpful support

Don't shoot the messenger. You are the ONLY person referring to vectoring causing a problem here, and I'm not sure anyone else is on Irish telecom either.

The fact you haven't denied that this is a known issue confirms you guys

How would I know if it's a known issue... I'm a forum mod - I don't work for their tech support.

Forum Administrator

• gembrain
  • User
  • User
More
29 Feb 2016 17:03 #33 by gembrain
Replied by gembrain on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!

admin wrote:

How would I know if it's a known issue... I'm a forum mod - I don't work for their tech support.

:cry:

So if 100 people contacted support with the same problem Draytek would not make you aware of it so you could put up a post saying it's a known issue - and save the next 100 contacting support?

You've got to be kidding!!!

More
29 Feb 2016 17:15 #34 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!

gembrain wrote: So if 100 people contacted support with the same problem Draytek would not make you aware of it so you could put up a post saying it's a known issue - and save the next 100 contacting support?

I'd imagine they would or might, but that's the other way around - the fact that they haven't, doesn't mean that that someone else doesn't have the problem with Irish vectoring, or that might be a red-herring and there's some completely different reason for the issue.

Forum Administrator

• mcquaim
  • User
  • User
More
29 Feb 2016 18:39 #35 by mcquaim
Replied by mcquaim on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!

I think you have answered everyone's questions here, you have no clue what you are talking about!

Everything I have posted is taken directly from your own support technicians and my ISP technicians! It's not some guess statement like you are throwing about about non-standard vectoring setups.. Where did you even pull that garbage from if you are not a tech support technician?

Anyway, the fact that you don't know what you are talking about id appreciate if you'd stop throwing out completely inaccurate statements about some theories you have based on no facts!

For everyone else, the Draytek has issues enabling vectoring G.993.5 and it's not just limited to Ireland as our non-tech support super admin user has made up!

• gembrain
  • User
  • User
More
29 Feb 2016 19:00 #36 by gembrain
Replied by gembrain on topic Re: 2860 BT Infinity SOOOOO SLOW!
I think a bit of calming down on all sides is required :)

There are precious few people on this site nowadays anyway so we don"t need to lose any!

However, I think it is clear that the link between Draytek tech and this site is severely lacking.