DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n Disconnecting on BT Infinity after firmware upgrade

More
15 Apr 2016 15:51 #49 by nipedley
My 2860 on VDSL (I have 8 others on ADSL) running 3.8.2.2_VT3 had constant drop outs and performance issues, speed would be as low as 200Kbit/sec max on an 80Mb fibre line. I dropped the firmware back to 3.8.2.2_STD as mentioned earlier in the thread and it's been absolutely fine for the past 2 weeks since.

All of my 2860's on ADSL are still running 3.8.2.2_VT3 and none of them have had an issue, so it would appear to be only affecting VDSL lines. My VDSL line is NOT with BT by the way, so I doubt BT has anything to do with this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2016 23:09 #50 by admin

Nipedley wrote: My VDSL line is NOT with BT by the way, so I doubt BT has anything to do with this

Most are; who is yours with?

Forum Administrator

More
16 Apr 2016 07:42 #51 by nipedley
My VDSL line is running TalkTalk Business Fibre. The firmware the unit was on previously was 3.8.2_VT2 which it was having no problems with at all, after applying 3.8.2.2_VT3 the router initially appeared to be fine but by the next morning was experiencing all the issues, a reboot made it stable again for another 10 hours, and again the next morning the router was gone again, at which point I flashed back to 3.8.2.2_STD and been no issues and stable for 2 weeks+

Hope Draytek can figure out what went wrong with this one

• qaz4169
  • User
  • User
More
09 May 2016 07:34 #52 by qaz4169
I rolled back to STD as per details in thread and I've had no drop outs in 3 weeks.
What I don't understand is the previous firmware I was using had been stable for 9 months so BT must have changed something?

• mpattman
  • User
  • User
More
09 May 2016 08:47 #53 by mpattman
Just a quick update, we changed our VDSL package from 40Mbps/2Mbps to 80Mbps/20Mbps (staying with PlusNet) and then a few days later Draytek support asked me to try 3.8.2.2 VT3 (I already had it so did not re-download it) to get some stats and responses, our PPP connection appeared to be stable after the first couple of hours (usually it would start disconnecting in that time) and we have been online with 3.8.2.2 VT3 for around 330 hours and counting.

I was just wondering if the VDSL speed limits play a part in this...

More
09 May 2016 08:51 #54 by nipedley
No, my VDSL was 80/20 and running with VT3 caused so many disconnects that the line brought itself down to 50/20 trying to keep it stable. It's been fine with STD and the line is back up to what it should be