DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n Disconnecting on BT Infinity after firmware upgrade

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
11 May 2016 01:17 #55 by flash2
I've tried STD in the last week and it brought my IP profile down from 35 to 27. Not happy, I've tried everything on this thread.

Having to resort to BT modem to try to get my IP profile back up.

Tempted to replace 2820n+ after many months of dropped connections.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silvermurch
  • User
  • User
More
22 May 2016 10:13 #56 by silvermurch
Beware after all the previous issues with intermittant disconnection which had a detrimental effect with my maximum connection rate. The newly released 3.8.2.3BT still doesn't rectify the issue. In fact it was even worse, even after a factory restore and install from new. It disconnects every 10-20secs or sooner as soon as I tried to access a web page. Hardware acceleration off or on. Back on 3.8.2.3 STD no vectoring

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
22 May 2016 11:16 #57 by flash2
I'm still using the BT modem to try and get my IP profile back up. No firmware helped.

I am starting to be of the oppinon that the internal modems in the 2860 have issues with higher speed lines.

• silvermurch
  • User
  • User
More
02 Jun 2016 13:22 #58 by silvermurch
Resolved the issue. Bought a Billion Bipac 8900AX-2400 Router. An expensive remedy but worked first time, been up and stable now at the max connection rate since 26th May

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
02 Jun 2016 13:47 #59 by flash2
Thats interesting. I've been wondering about replacing the 2860n plus also. There is no doubt as far as I'm concerned that the disconnections are due to the Draytek router/firmware. The very latest firmware (as of today, 2nd June 2016) drops connection about 1-2 times per day which is as reliable as this router has ever been.

This still results in a drop in IP profile of our line and we end up with a fibre connection which is half the speed we are paying for.

Replacement seems the only option now, as Draytek Uk seem to deny any 'fault'.

Please could you post back in a couple of weeks about your Billion so we can see if its still keeping stable connection? The cost seems about the same as the 2860n+ was when I bought it anyway. I wonder if that router copes ok with VOIP going through it, and how good the firewall & VPN on it is?

• mpattman
  • User
  • User
More
02 Jun 2016 13:53 #60 by mpattman
After "upgrading" to 3.8.2.3_BT (576D17) I started getting multiple disconnections causing a drop in line profile so I'm back on 3.8.2.3_STD (548006) and my line has stabilised, now I have to wait for my profile to be resorted :(

Quite how a device that has passed SIN498 running the same modem code as the test cannot be compatible with every line that Openreach has in operation I do not know, makes you wonder what the point of the certification is..... (I know they have not claimed certification on this version but why label it BT?)