DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n Disconnecting on BT Infinity after firmware upgrade

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
02 Jun 2016 14:07 #61 by flash2
Thats the version (3.8.2.3_BT 576D17_A/B/C HW: A) I've been trying for about a week. Stays up between 14-28 hours before dropping again. I don't think this will allow my IP Profile to rise, but we'll see. I'll report back if it gets better - but somehow I doubt it will.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mpattman
  • User
  • User
More
02 Jun 2016 14:11 #62 by mpattman
That was the same behaviour that I was seeing but one night it was going offline many times in a few hours so the profile was reduced.

• sp0ok
  • User
  • User
More
14 Jun 2016 19:41 #63 by sp0ok
Hi,

I have Been using the 3.8.2.3_BT firmware for about a week now and it did appear to be more stable but then the random drops kicked back in and eventually the router needed to be turned off and on as it had completely dropped off the network / crashed and inaccessible via the web interface or even pingable.

I did used to rate the DrayTek product range and reliability but with all the issues that plague the 2860 I am going to have to get rid of this as its just causing to many issues with my BT service and having to keep calling to get a line profile reset is not helping matters.

I have been putting up with these issues for months and trying different firmware revisions as they have been released along with all possible options to disable / enable that are mentioned in other posts but this only appears to cover the problem then it returns again.

I do hope someone from DrayTek see the posts here as with the volume of people this is affecting has to be alarming!

If anyone from Draytek would like to contact me or even requires further information then please do so as I like many would prefer to stick with the product but as it stands its just not feasible.

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
14 Jun 2016 21:50 #64 by flash2
I agree completely with the last post. In fact I've already asked Draytek UK Support to look at this thread but they said there was no inherant fault with the item.

It would be helpful if we could at least tell each other what we choose to replace the item with and what success we have with it?

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
28 Jun 2016 10:43 #65 by flash2
Hows everyone getting on with their new non Draytek routers?
Or anyone with PlusNet/BT fibre and the latest firmware?

Our 40mb line is constantly limited to under 30mb now.
PlusNet ran a test and seem to show a copper joint issue. This however, and interestingly, only appeared when we started using the 2860n+. When BT came I'd disconnected the Dryatek and put the open reach modem back on - no copper joint issue was detected....

I wonder if there's a hardware issue here.

More
28 Jun 2016 12:40 #66 by piste basher
I get the same vdsl speeds (isp Zen) using an Openreach modem, a Vigor 130 and the 2860n+ internal modem. Download speed has dropped from around 38000 to 34998 and currently 32397 over the past year, but that does not seem to have been a modem/router effect. Stability seems to be about the same for all of them - connection dropped twice in the past fortnight even when using the OR modem.