DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n Disconnecting on BT Infinity after firmware upgrade

• mpattman
  • User
  • User
More
15 Mar 2016 17:29 #7 by mpattman
Hi, I see a similar issue with my PlusNet connection where there are frequent PPP drops, I have switched back to using the openreach modem for now. I was just wondering if you had tried the non vector version of 3.8.2.2 [548006] (this was something I was going to try next weekend). I have tried the VT2 and VT3 variants of 3.8.2.2 so far and we also had the same issues with 3.8.2_VT2 over the Christmas break. The last time our line was stable was on 3.8.1_VT2, I hope that I don't have to go back that far as there were some fixes I needed in 3.8.2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gyearsley
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Mar 2016 17:34 #8 by gyearsley
Hi no I haven't tired the non vector version of 3.8.2.2

I think I will try this, once I now have a stable connection and can prove so with an earlier firmware version. I will try this over the next day or two and see what the result is.

• gyearsley
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Mar 2016 10:45 #9 by gyearsley
ok I tried the non vector version of 3.8.2.2 and the router disconnected within 47mins of the firmware being applied. so I have now gone back to the earlier version

Model Name : Vigor2860n+
Firmware Version : 3.8.1_STD
Build Date/Time : Sep 25 2015 11:48:41

• mpattman
  • User
  • User
More
16 Mar 2016 13:28 #10 by mpattman
That is disappointing, thanks for trying, is the 3.8.1_VT2 stable for you? it was for my connection. Looking at the release notes the modem code has the same version between 3.8.1 an 3.8.2.2 (with the exception of the new VT3 code). I have a support ticket open, have you done the same?

• gyearsley
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Mar 2016 14:20 #11 by gyearsley
hi nope not raised a ticket yet, though I would try a number of things first. would be interested to know your results.

• macavity
  • User
  • User
More
17 Mar 2016 00:04 #12 by macavity
That doesn't sound fun. I've got the same f/w on BT infinity. I hadn't noticed any disconnections but thought I'd check the PPP as it's possible for it to disconnect and reconnect without noticing unless there is a RDP session as you say. Mines currently on 293:55:25 so doesn't seem to have disconnected since I upgraded. :/

Check Diagnostics > DSL Status to see if the stats are reporting any loss of signal (LOS) entries suggesting that it's a VDSL drop as well as a PPP drop. From the sounds you're just seeing PPP drops rather than VDSL drops as a VDSL drop would probably have a 20-50 sec reconnection time, where as a PPP drop would reconnect in seconds.

If you contact support I expect they'd be interested in seeing syslog.