• icmc
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Aug 2020 13:01 #1 by icmc
Vigor 2927 was created by icmc
Hi all

I have seen the 2927 advertised in a few countries in Europe, even one Model being an AX version.
Anyone any idea when they will be available in the UK?
What I do not understand in the specifications of that unit is, that it only has WPA2 and not WPA3 like the AP1000C.
And on the other hand there is no AP capable of AX.
Is Draytek also getting a new AP then that can do AX and WPA3?

Thx
Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
27 Aug 2020 02:18 #2 by flash2
Replied by flash2 on topic Re: Vigor 2927
I'm also interested in when this will be available - only the AC version - in the UK.
Anybody?

• icmc
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Aug 2020 11:02 #3 by icmc
Replied by icmc on topic Re: Vigor 2927
Hi Flash

As you can see yourself no one has answered this thread.
I have spoken to Draytek who couldn't give me any indication what so ever.
Point being they where even unable to tell me the difference between the 2960 UK model and rest of the world model.
The UK one shows a throughput of 500 Mb/s where as the .com model shows 900+ Mb/s.
Is there actually a difference? Or is this just a writing error?
I need a router that can deliver 1 Gb/s and DrayTek is not really coming to terms with the demand. Same on WPA3 and AX models.

Not sure what to do. Have been a Draytek customer for some 20 years now. Do I need to change provider?

Thx
Ian

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
27 Aug 2020 12:08 #4 by flash2
Hi ICMC,

I noticed a difference in the numbers too on the different web sites. I would like to know from any 2960 owners on fttp what they actually get particularly when close to that 500mbs level. I did get a reply about the 2927ac though, but its not very specific and I need to make decisions fairly soon:

"The Vigor 2927ac will be released in about a month.
The most up to date information is usually send to our subscribers.
Please consider subscribing to our mailing list for updates and product news.
https://www.draytek.co.uk/information/mailing-list

Regards,
DrayTek UK
"

• icmc
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Aug 2020 14:02 #5 by icmc
Replied by icmc on topic Re: Vigor 2927
Hi Flash

Yes I got a similar email saying to subscribe.
Fair enough I did this.
At the end I am still not sure if we will have an AX model and if it will have WPA3. I now have a machine that does AX and I cant afford to but a 2927 now and in a few months again to have AX.
I have dished out enough money over the years to Draytek and they should be a bit more forthcoming with their information.
Also MESH is another thing. I saw the last update to my 2926 I now have MESH which can be used. Problem is there is no update in the manual to tell you what to do. This would be of interest when buying the AP918RPD as they are MESH capable.
And as I am in the middle of my rant, why are they saying they have this and that (go to Draytek Portugal or Netherlands) you can see there the 927 and also as AX but more even in Protugal they are advertising an AP960 which has AX and WPA3.
They have to have a clear line and information available if I want to dish out more money towards Draytek or they want me to go elsewhere.
I understand I am only a small light in here having some 5 Units at the moment but still.....

Thx
Ian

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
27 Aug 2020 15:24 #6 by flash2
Hi Ian,

I too have felt somewhat annoyed at both the lack of or contradicting information (and also the terrible wifi pver the years, but that's another thread).

I did delve into the realms of Ubiquiti as a last resort, but found their approach far to "cloud" oriented for my old fashioned approach. Not sure what other router offers such features in a usable way....ideas on a postcard anyone