DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2927

More
29 Sep 2020 19:53 #61 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Vigor 2927
The only thing I can say is be wary. The last two brand new drayteks I bought had terrible firmware the 2960 and 3910. 3910 seems more stable on the latest firmware but them I'm not doing anything complicated on it. The 2960 was a door stop for a year before the firmware upgrade brought me back to it and then it was a nice stable bit of kit which it should have been from day one. Buy early you beta test buy I would say six months later you may get a stable product.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
30 Sep 2020 12:50 #62 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: Vigor 2927

Flash2 wrote:
Have never used the WCF myself, but there again I might when/if I get the 2927. MarkPi do you use it in the 3910 (just to see if its a common issue).

Ive always used wcf on my Drayteks and on the 3910, even though it a bigger machine, I dont notice any issue. The 3910 doesnt break a sweat with my 900Mb+300Mb (Voda gigafast + BT FTTP) services at full speed.

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
16 Oct 2020 07:36 #63 by flash2
Replied by flash2 on topic Re: Vigor 2927
And so the 2927(ac) problems begin...

New item only up 4 days.

- Wireless (both bands) is denying all clients every 24 hours for no apparent reason. Wireless clients, from their end, fail to authenticate, but the router shows them as connected and authenticated. Only a restart clears it;
- No notification sent when a VPN client connects (only when they disconnect) despite the settings being set as such;

(I must say I don't find the admin dashboard page as smooth as the 2862 it replaces. The refreshing of the page is quite slow and offputting with bits flicking into position as they load. They really should get some web developers working on it. The 2862 dashboard refreshing page was hardly noticeable.)

I'll do one call to support regarding faults, but I'm not messing about this time Draytek. Cure it or the device is going to be returned.

More
16 Oct 2020 20:01 #64 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Vigor 2927

Flash2 wrote:
And so the 2927(ac) problems begin...

New item only up 4 days.

- Wireless (both bands) is denying all clients every 24 hours for no apparent reason. Wireless clients, from their end, fail to authenticate, but the router shows them as connected and authenticated. Only a restart clears it;
- No notification sent when a VPN client connects (only when they disconnect) despite the settings being set as such;

(I must say I don't find the admin dashboard page as smooth as the 2862 it replaces. The refreshing of the page is quite slow and offputting with bits flicking into position as they load. They really should get some web developers working on it. The 2862 dashboard refreshing page was hardly noticeable.)

I'll do one call to support regarding faults, but I'm not messing about this time Draytek. Cure it or the device is going to be returned.

Welcome to beta testing it seems though they've sorted my 3910 out.