• Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Sep 2020 19:19 #31 by icmc
Replied by icmc on topic Re: Vigor 2927
Hi Oviano

2 Questions
Is it an AX model? And where did you order it?

Thx
Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oviano
  • User
  • User
More
20 Sep 2020 20:51 #32 by oviano
Replied by oviano on topic Re: Vigor 2927
No this is the wired only version as it goes in a closet and my wifi APs are setup elsewhere.

I ordered this from Amazon.de as it wasn’t clear when it was going to arrive in the UK, but a few days after I ordered I noticed it was available at broadbandbuyer.com which is where I would order from now if I was ordering.

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
21 Sep 2020 10:22 #33 by flash2
Replied by flash2 on topic Re: Vigor 2927
Hi oviano,

Was that 800+ with firewall etc switched on with usual set of rules, and did you have hardware acceleration enabled (something that was buggy on my previous models)?

Anything else to note - e.g. any reboots etc?

• oviano
  • User
  • User
More
21 Sep 2020 10:41 #34 by oviano
This is without hardware acceleration.

I'm using Ookla Speedtest on a Windows 10 PC wired to the router, selecting a couple of different local servers.

I'm with G.Network in London and they don't seem to have a dedicated speed test server, however just now I achieved 849/733 to a local server. My previous 2862 maxed out at 150-200mbps.

So far everything has been stable, it's been up ever since I first plugged it in 20+ hours ago.

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
21 Sep 2020 10:56 #35 by flash2
Replied by flash2 on topic Re: Vigor 2927
Hi oviano,

Whats the advertised download/upload fttp speed supposed to be?

• oviano
  • User
  • User
More
21 Sep 2020 11:48 #36 by oviano
It's technically a 1 gigabit connection, although they advertise as "900mbps+" because I think in reality it never hits 1000 and people were complaining or something.

When the engineer was here he demonstrated a speed test using the ISP-supplied router of about 930mbps up+down. That router (a Nokia) is now in bridge mode.

However, that test was done before I'd plugged any other equipment in - I've now got various devices, Apple TVs, Nest cameras, Sky Q boxes, PCs, APs, mobile devices etc so without unplugging everything except one device to test it's difficult to fully evaluate the throughput of the 2927.

I will ask G.network if they have a speed test site that I do not know about. If they do, then I am happy to run some more tests in a more isolated environment.