Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n+ Wireless Stalling

• sam.thompson
  • User
  • User
More
16 May 2014 10:36 #61 by sam.thompson
Replied by sam.thompson on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling

z1ppster wrote: i too am having the same issues and logged a call with support(and following all the threads on here) , I'm now in to my second week of ownership and on the borderline of sending back for a full refund and reverting to my apple routers.. i want to have faith in this product (being my first draytek do it all router) so i will wait to see what happens in the next week.

Hi Zipster. I've been using Draytek equipment for over ten years, and also used to work for a Draytek Reseller for four. Their products are very good, and I have no-doubt that they'll resolve this issue... it's just a matter of time I'm afraid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• plittlemore
  • User
  • User
More
16 May 2014 11:15 #62 by plittlemore
Replied by plittlemore on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
I always found it was linked to throughput, keep a constant ping open and transfer a large file and see if it continues.

• z1ppster
  • User
  • User
More
16 May 2014 11:39 #63 by z1ppster
Replied by z1ppster on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
thanks for the reassurance sam.. as I say im not making any rash decisions yet but so far my experience is less than glossy..

im hoping for a resolution soon. .

• mikacom
  • User
  • User
More
16 May 2014 12:33 #64 by mikacom
Replied by mikacom on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling

Sam.Thompson wrote: Hi Zipster. I've been using Draytek equipment for over ten years, and also used to work for a Draytek Reseller for four. Their products are very good, and I have no-doubt that they'll resolve this issue... it's just a matter of time I'm afraid.

Zipster,

I would echo Sam here, Draytek hardware has always been solid from my experience, i've Sold/Supported them for years, 2600/2800/2820/2830/2850 and now 2860's

I do recall one issue with the 2820's early on where they didn't like iPhones or Intel wifi (forget the exact intel chipset). this was remedied in a Firmware release, but i recall it took a little time to diagnose and release a fix.

Bide your time and you will have a fantastic and solid router. Have you tried reverting to 3.7.3.3 as my earlier post? my wifi has not dropped at all since this morning.

A.

• z1ppster
  • User
  • User
More
16 May 2014 12:55 #65 by z1ppster
Replied by z1ppster on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
thanks mike..

yes I had tried 3.7.3.3 initially however since I reverted back to the factory settings on 3.7.4.3 via the console factory reset (not using the .rst as I had previously done) it has been stable for a few days.. however I have not really configured it other than wifi and VDSL for fear of it being unreliable.

I only have apple equipment at home (other than my work M$ SurfacePro) and have a whole myriad of idevices and sonos kit. so far so good.

im hoping for a firmware fix as currently im too frightened to touch it.

Cheers

More
16 May 2014 13:40 #66 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Question: What is your SSID (if you don't mind posting it here) ?

Forum Administrator