2860n+ Wireless Stalling

• macximum
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 May 2014 09:34 #55 by macximum
Replied by macximum on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling

admin wrote: Please do not post serial numbers publicly; they are one of the factors for support entitlement so should not be shared.

Fair enough, perhaps only the last few digits or something else that points us towards the manufacturing date or specific internals?

If DrayTek are RMA'ing the 2860's that are playing up doesn't that suggest there might be some faulty hardware out in the wild?
I was simply trying to ascertain whether it is worth waiting for an 'official' firmware release or if we should all get our units RMA'd.

For example the firmware of the wireless hardware inside my 2860n+ is...

System Maintenance > System Status
Wireless LAN: 2.5.0.11
Wireless LAN(5GHz): 0.9.17.1

Perhaps some of us can begin by comparing the above, but I suspect it is connected to the main firmware version that is loaded on the router.
In my case 3.7.4.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2014 09:51 #56 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
The product has only been out a few months so I'd guess it's highly unlikely to be a faulty batch as there probably are only 2 or 3 batches, and, having checked, this doesn't seem to be a widely reported issue - local factors/compatibility might be more likely, or maybe a one-off, loose cable or whatever.

If DrayTek are RMA'ing the 2860's that are playing up..

Well, I think you're misinterpreting that. That they're "quick" to RMA doesn't mean there's some terrible conspiracy that they're trying to cover up :-) I can see that they might find it quicker to try replacing one to see if it's a specific unit problem as it might be quicker than weeks of troubleshooting if it ultimately does turn out to be a unit problem...but I guess they aren't doing that habitually and when he gets the replacement unit, he might find the same issue.

Forum Administrator

• sam.thompson
  • User
  • User
More
16 May 2014 09:57 #57 by sam.thompson
Replied by sam.thompson on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Macximum - I'm only using the 2860n, but mine is the same as yours for 2.4Ghz on firmware 3.7.4.1: Wireless LAN: 2.5.0.11

The 2860n, with which I'm experiencing the same issue, has been available for nearly a year.

As the 'admin' implies, I suspect Draytek have RMA'd the device as they've been having trouble reproducing the issue. This will allow them to check for hardware issues, and to try and replicate the fault with the same device.

• macximum
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 May 2014 10:06 #58 by macximum
Replied by macximum on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Let's hope that is the case and they come to a conclusion soon, otherwise I guess there's going to be a lot of disgruntled people out there who've spent £200+ on a professional grade router that cannot do what it says on the box. This includes some of my clients that have the router already, who's more likely to get the flack for the problem... the installer!

This is supposed to be DrayTek's "does-it-all" flagship router. It even heads up their .co.uk website!

I will keep my mouth shut and see what transpires.

• z1ppster
  • User
  • User
More
16 May 2014 10:14 #59 by z1ppster
Replied by z1ppster on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
i too am having the same issues and logged a call with support(and following all the threads on here) , I'm now in to my second week of ownership and on the borderline of sending back for a full refund and reverting to my apple routers.. i want to have faith in this product (being my first draytek do it all router) so i will wait to see what happens in the next week.

• mikacom
  • User
  • User
More
16 May 2014 10:24 #60 by mikacom
Replied by mikacom on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Update:

I have done a 30/30/30 reset on my 2860n and reflashed 3.7.3.3 rst file through router tools (Not webui). I have not had a wifi drop since i did this an hour ago (it was dropping every 2-5 mins).

Also i escalated this issue on wednesday with UK Tech and they are forwarding the syslogs i provided back to developers. Hopefully it may not be too long until we have a proper diagnosis and permanent firmware fix.