DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2865 / 2866 / 2927 with 4.4.0 Firmware

More
09 Jul 2022 18:56 #1 by ianfretwell
2865 / 2866 / 2927 with 4.4.0 Firmware was created by ianfretwell
I have various issues with - what I believe - is issues in the 4.4.0 firmware. And also general issues with the 2866Lac in general.

Two environments 2866Lac+903(wired)+903(wireless) & 2927Lac+903(wired) (firmware either 4.4.0 or 1.4.5 depending on device).

- On the 2866 setup in mesh setup & status screen it reports itself as a 2866ax when it's actually an Lac. The 903's in the environment also show it as an 'ax'. Support state this hasn't been seen before - can anybody confirm the same (might also be the case for 2865Lac owners).

- Both environments in mesh setup show the CFG Sync as 'Ongoing' - and they've been 'ongoing' for days, literally. The 2866Lac replaced a 2862Lac that did not show this issue. Again, essentially denied by support although they are supposedly still looking into it.

Other issues specific to the 2866:-

Sync speed is approx. 12Mbps slower than the 2862 it replaced (max. sync speed is now 50Mbps) . SNR figures haven't changed so is the modem code just flawed in some way? Support suggested manually lowering SNR but as its already at 3dB I don't really think this is a great way forward.

On both the main Dashboard and the Physical Connection page the UP speed is shown as 0 although this only happens after some time running, rebooting the router brings the figure back. Support suggested that this was corrupt firmware and I then went through a world of pain trying to re-install the firmware. This did cause it to report that it was 'corrupt and the router would die' if not given a firmware upgrade immediately. The ONLY reset firmware I could get to install was the 4.3.2.1 one. This worked just fine, router rebooted just fine. Reinstalled 4.4.0 - fine. Rebooted again, just fine. All issues remain the same afterwards so I don't really believe the firmware is corrupt on 'my' device, more like 4.4.0 itself is just buggy.

I guess I'm just looking for any confirmation from other users of at least some of the same issues please.

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2022 11:41 #2 by ianfretwell
Replied by ianfretwell on topic Re: 2865 / 2866 / 2927 with 4.4.0 Firmware
Some more 'oddities': -

On the 2866 under 'Central Management/External Devices' I can see both AP's - both marked as 'Online' and I've added the account info.

However, under 'Central Management/AP' there's no sign of anything at all, no AP's, no mesh....simply nothing...

Again, on the 2862 the one AP I had at that time appeared under here.

Both AP's are set to 'Enable NodeAP' & 'Enable Auto Provision'.

So am I doing something wrong or should this in fact be OK ?

• dewcal
  • User
  • User
More
10 Jul 2022 13:02 #3 by dewcal
Replied by dewcal on topic Re: 2865 / 2866 / 2927 with 4.4.0 Firmware
Also using a 2866Lac with two wired 903s and a wired 918R - and also see device reported as "ax". When checking the nodes, they report device as "Vigor 2866" with no letters.

Nothing seen under central management AP.

More
10 Jul 2022 14:55 #4 by ianfretwell
Thanks for the confirmation (so you too must have corrupt firmware!! :D

Could I ask whether your AP's are running as a mesh or just as 'normal' AP's ?

Cheers

• dewcal
  • User
  • User
More
10 Jul 2022 18:53 #5 by dewcal
Replied by dewcal on topic Re: 2865 / 2866 / 2927 with 4.4.0 Firmware
They are running as a mesh. Am loathe to raise with Draytek as the last issue I had took 7 months to resolve and even then I had to email the UK boss to get support to do something....
Am now finding that I am losing internet connectivity for random lengths of time and at different times of the day with DSL and LTE running....

More
10 Jul 2022 18:56 #6 by ianfretwell
I know what you mean - getting past the 1st line support is just a nightmare.

I've not had any issues with losing connectivity - and I'm also running both DSL & LTE concurrently.

Have you had your UP speed report as zero or has that been working ok?

Cheers.