DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2865 / 2866 / 2927 with 4.4.0 Firmware

More
02 Aug 2022 14:56 #25 by ianfretwell
Replied by ianfretwell on topic Re: 2865 / 2866 / 2927 with 4.4.0 Firmware
Thanks...luck seems to be all I have left!

I've downgraded to the official 4.4.1_BT, and sure enough LTE has come back to life.

Ideally I'd like it to stay up for a good while now in the hopes that the DSLAM puts my line back the way it was (SNR figures seem to be things that have changed - gone from 3 up to 6 on the download, and 5 up to 6 on the upstream).

The only danger I have is that checking the DSL Status is one of the things that causes reboots!!

Oh, and I can confirm that this official firmware also has the whitelisting bug for access control. Poor!!!

I don't suppose you'd care to share the address you emailed would you - or at the least how you obtained it - please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2022 16:01 #26 by reado
Replied by reado on topic Re: 2865 / 2866 / 2927 with 4.4.0 Firmware
I spoke with one of the managers from telephone support today and suggested that they check out this thread.

For me, both the V2862 and V2927 struggle to communicate with myvigor.draytek.com and Lets Encrypt, which can sometimes be resolved with a reboot, but not always!

Last night, I spent several hours trying to deploy our new V2927 but failed to do so. I preconfigured it in the week and it should have been a straight swap, but as soon as it registered a connection to our Cisco kit (Leased Line), clicking on any option within the GUI would cause the Web GUI to stop responding, even after closing the browser and trying again, as well as using an iPhone over Wi-Fi. I could still ping the router and an external DNS server, and access the Internet as normal, but the Web GUI would take at least a minute to respond to each request and a reboot didn't solve it.

As a software developer, the unresponsive GUI behaviour felt like a memory leak. DoS and Brute Force protection was disabled, but not HW Acceleration. I noticed version 4.4.1 (for the V2865/2866) fixed a memory leak, so I assume the memory leak was inadvertently introduced in 4.4.0 and so it would make sense to use 4.3.2.

Unfortunately I didn't think to try downgrading from 4.4.0 to 4.3.2 before reinstating the V2862 as I ran out of time, but I have now done that using the TFTP utility and also used the RST file. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

I will report back my findings later on.

More
02 Aug 2022 16:21 #27 by ianfretwell
Thanks Reado

I hope the more of us pointing out faults should get the devices & firmware tested out more carefully (I mean the issues aren't difficult to spot given I've found several without really trying that hard at all).

The v4.4.x firmwares do kinda look like the cause - although I never used my 2866 with 4.3.x so can't really say whether that was actually any better or not.

The 2927 I have access to appeared to behave OK but the GUI there was intermittently sluggish but I just put it down to me never having used one before at the time - now I think maybe not!

• dewcal
  • User
  • User
More
03 Aug 2022 06:43 #28 by dewcal
Replied by dewcal on topic Re: 2865 / 2866 / 2927 with 4.4.0 Firmware
Ian,
Drop me an email at sird at calico dot co dot uk as I cannot see a way to send a PM on this forum.

• dewcal
  • User
  • User
More
06 Aug 2022 13:39 #29 by dewcal
Replied by dewcal on topic Re: 2865 / 2866 / 2927 with 4.4.0 Firmware
Am still using 4.3.2 on a 2866Lac with no major issues. One annoyance this week was that I have ADSL via Fritz!Box on WAN2 and LTE enabled - both as always on. When they were doing some work on the LTE tower, all internet traffic was dead slow and stop even though the ADSL line was still up. Once I disabled the LTE, I had no issues with accessing the internet. No idea why this happened. When the work on the tower was over, I enabled LTE again and all works fine.

Ian, did you get my reply?

More
06 Aug 2022 16:26 #30 by ianfretwell
Oh, apologies - yes I did. I'm just holding that in reserve whilst I wait a few days to see how stable or otherwise it remains.

Thanks again.