Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2865 / 2866 / 2927 with 4.4.0 Firmware

• dewcal
  • User
  • User
More
10 Jul 2022 19:04 #7 by dewcal
Replied by dewcal on topic Re: 2865 / 2866 / 2927 with 4.4.0 Firmware
Not seen any issues with zero upspeed report. Now DSL decided to lie down....agh....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2022 09:26 #8 by ianfretwell
Replied by ianfretwell on topic Re: 2865 / 2866 / 2927 with 4.4.0 Firmware
I'll try to make this my last question (no promises!):-

Since you said you were running as mesh - in Mesh Setup what status are your AP's showing under 'CFG Sync' ? - both mine are 'Ongoing' and have been all along (which is literally days for the wired one)

Thanks again.

• dewcal
  • User
  • User
More
11 Jul 2022 15:55 #9 by dewcal
Nae worries!

All 3 nodes show CFG Sync as "Success". Just a thought, did you have the 903s as AP first? I seem to recollect having to go into each node and set the
"Operation Mode" to "Mesh Node" as I did not have success first time around.

More
11 Jul 2022 16:30 #10 by ianfretwell
Replied by ianfretwell on topic Re: 2865 / 2866 / 2927 with 4.4.0 Firmware
The AP's are all set to mesh-node right now. The wired one was in AP mode long ago on the previous router but changed to mesh before the 2866 was introduced.

It just seems to be getting worse now - as soon as I try to view DSL Status under maintenance it reboots itself!! The latest email to support wasn't a very happy one!

• dewcal
  • User
  • User
More
11 Jul 2022 17:39 #11 by dewcal
Not sounding good. I did a factory reset on the 903s before putting them in mesh node mode.

More
12 Jul 2022 16:23 #12 by guyver
Replied by guyver on topic Re: 2865 / 2866 / 2927 with 4.4.0 Firmware
I've got a 2866Vac and also had a lot of problems when I upgraded to the 4.4.0 firmware. It all seemed related to having the default firewall filter rule set to block (I did disable it while I did the upgrade as per the firmware notes).

The biggest problem that I was having was that a lot of outgoing connections would fail the first time, but would work when retried. Most software would automatically retry at least once more, but other software (and every Amazon Alexa) would only try once and give up and announce a connection problem.

Another problem I was having was the general through-output was slower. I did try experimenting with hardware acceleration on/off, but ultimately it still seemed to be on the default block firewall rule and their changes in 4.4.0 which now offers WAN -> Router as a firewall option.

I contacted Draytek UK support and said that I wasn't prepared to leave the default firewall rule as allow and I was advised to rollback to 4.3.2.1 and stay there until the next firmware update. I have done so and restored my previous configuration and everything is working again as it should.