DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n+ Wireless Stalling

More
05 May 2014 18:51 #25 by fazzauk
Replied by fazzauk on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling

macximum wrote:

FazzaUK wrote: Please see my email exchange with Draytek here: http://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19314
The more people that can go though this email exchange the more effective we will be at raising awareness with the Draytek developers.

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks Ian, I'm sure the Dev team are well aware of it by now. I'm just interested if they think it is firmware related or a faulty component batch that has escaped in to the wild.

Earlier in this thread aitcheff2 mentioned that the stall was noticed in particular when an iPhone5 was connected (it seems odd but not implausible), do you have any iPhone5 devices connected to your failing wireless network?

Yeah, a firmware issue was purely speculative from me. Not having it long I could easily be a hardware issue.

So I do in fact have a work iphone 5c. However this weekend it has been turned off all weekend I still continue to have the problems.
As mentioned before - I see these issues mostly when on mobile devices, my Android Samsung galaxy S5 being my primary device and what alerted me to the issue initially.
I've not tested yet with an older ipad2 as it rarely gets turned on nowadays but I may test later.

The weird thing is that my laptop continues to get full wireless connectivity during the time my individual mobile devices fail. I've just tested this now. I kicked of a backup-dropbox sync and then browsed the app store on my android device up until the router became unresponsive and then goggled / kicked off a download on my laptop during this time and it continues to work fine.
I have been receiving NETIO bluescreens on my laptop however since moving this router, but this again could be purely coincidental. I've also received a couple of lock-ups on my desktop machine similar to that of the old ping-o-death of old. Again purely co-incidental possibly as its a highly strung overclocked PC - especially as its running via a hard-wired network components on the router.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2014 19:05 #26 by fazzauk
...to add to this.
Obviously my first thought when one host gets ignored by the router was DoS flood prevention - I've tried disabling this and other related firewall settings with no joy.
I have email and syslog enabled and sometimes receive alerts on internal hosts (mostly due to UDP flooding when establishing vmware sessions to external hosts) but have had none when this occurs.

More
05 May 2014 19:41 #27 by fazzauk
deleted

• macximum
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 May 2014 19:53 #28 by macximum
Replied by macximum on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Re your possible fix (that was shown above!)

Sorry to disappoint but mine was already off and has always been. Glad yours appears to be working though, even if it was for a moment!

I still think it is a firmware or hardware glitch!

More
05 May 2014 20:31 #29 by fazzauk
Only for a moment, hence deleting the post. I didnt want to lead anyone down the garden path.
It appeared to make a difference for 40 mins (about 39 mins longer than usual) then sadly the same effect. Boo

• faris
  • User
  • User
More
06 May 2014 13:19 #30 by faris
Replied by faris on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
We have no apple equipment anywhere so not iPhone related.

I would say it has to be firmware because it was OK on the previous firmware.

p.s. I'm convinced Wireless LAN >> Advance setting - Channel bandwidth = 20Mhz has improved things for me (previously it was on 20/40 auto) on the 2.4Ghz band.