Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n+ Wireless Stalling

• aitcheff2
  • User
  • User
More
05 May 2014 13:19 #19 by aitcheff2
Replied by aitcheff2 on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Thanks macximum. I'll be very interested to hear your results.

As a matter of interest which AP did you go for? (If it's allowable to mention products on this forum). I may have to consider doing the same thing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
05 May 2014 15:33 #20 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Maybe a silly suggestion ...
LAN >> General Setup > Lan 1 > Details page
... it seems the "DHCP Server Configuration > Retrieve IPs from inactive clients periodically" is ticked by default ... any one tried to disable if still issues?

More
05 May 2014 16:02 #21 by fazzauk
Replied by fazzauk on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
Please see my email exchange with Draytek here: http://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19314
The more people that can go though this email exchange the more effective we will be at raising awareness with the Draytek developers.

Cheers,

Ian

• macximum
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 May 2014 17:40 #22 by macximum
Replied by macximum on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling

aitcheff2 wrote: Thanks macximum. I'll be very interested to hear your results.

As a matter of interest which AP did you go for? (If it's allowable to mention products on this forum). I may have to consider doing the same thing.

I had a clients old NetGear R7000 lying around and turned it in to an AP, not something I would usually do but needs must!
IF you had an old router lying around you could consider using DD-WRT on it (if compatible) and use it as an emergency AP.

• macximum
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 May 2014 17:43 #23 by macximum

babis3g wrote: Maybe a silly suggestion ...
LAN >> General Setup > Lan 1 > Details page
... it seems the "DHCP Server Configuration > Retrieve IPs from inactive clients periodically" is ticked by default ... any one tried to disable if still issues?

Not ticked by default on my 2860n+ so it would have been off whilst the stalls happened on my router.

• macximum
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 May 2014 17:51 #24 by macximum

FazzaUK wrote: Please see my email exchange with Draytek here: http://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19314
The more people that can go though this email exchange the more effective we will be at raising awareness with the Draytek developers.

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks Ian, I'm sure the Dev team are well aware of it by now. I'm just interested if they think it is firmware related or a faulty component batch that has escaped in to the wild.

Earlier in this thread aitcheff2 mentioned that the stall was noticed in particular when an iPhone5 was connected (it seems odd but not implausible), do you have any iPhone5 devices connected to your failing wireless network?