Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n+ Wireless Stalling

• faris
  • User
  • User
More
01 May 2014 16:42 #7 by faris
Replied by faris on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
I've been on WPA2/PSK only from initial setup, so I don't think it will do any good.

A channel change/antenna angle change should do no good either - I think they are just offering advice on the normal physical type of improvement rather looking into a serious bug type of thing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sam.thompson
  • User
  • User
More
01 May 2014 16:59 #8 by sam.thompson
Replied by sam.thompson on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling

faris wrote: I've been on WPA2/PSK only from initial setup, so I don't think it will do any good.

A channel change/antenna angle change should do no good either - I think they are just offering advice on the normal physical type of improvement rather looking into a serious bug type of thing.

I agree, but having done my time in tech-support I know that you have to go through the initial troubleshooting stages for the ticket to be escalated. I haven't had any further instances of the problem yet, but if/when it re-occurs I'll report back to Draytek.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
01 May 2014 17:05 #9 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
I am also reading in abroad forums the wifi espeacially with the 3.7.4.1 it keeps cutting off (disconnecting by its self)
I am sure draytek will look into it

More
04 May 2014 14:05 #10 by flooble
Replied by flooble on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
I raised the problem of the second SSID cutting out after devices sleep with Draytek support ~3 months ago, they claimed they couldn't replicate it, but had me try all sorts of things and beta firmware but now seem to have given up talking to me.

I've tried the later firmware 3.7.4.1 but find that all devices now suffer several seconds of packet drop every few minutes which makes it utterly useless.

Whoever wrote the wireless stack needs a stern talking to...

• macximum
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 May 2014 14:20 #11 by macximum
Replied by macximum on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
I've given up trying to adjust settings to make it work, it should 'just work'!!!

For now I've disabled the wireless on the DrayTek 2860n+ and connected a separate Acces Point from another manufacturer which is configured with the same SSID's on the same channels and working perfectly.

Not ideal and appreciate not everyone can provide themselves with this solution but I need my wireless and cannot cope with this issue anymore.

I'm awaiting a firmware fix (if that's possible) otherwise a replacement unit if DrayTek are fair enough to admit there's a faulty batch out in the wild.

• faris
  • User
  • User
More
04 May 2014 15:21 #12 by faris
Replied by faris on topic Re: 2860n+ Wireless Stalling
I have switched from auto 20/40 to fixed 20 on 2.4 Ghz and maybe it is my imagination but there seems to be an improvement. It is still bad but not as bad. Maybe. Possibly.