DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820N 3.3.0

• barron121
  • Topic Author
More
09 Nov 2008 15:41 #1 by barron121
2820N 3.3.0 was created by barron121
Anybody having wireless issues after the "upgrade?". iam Using intel wireless card bulit in to my hp laptop, tryed drive update but apperes to be the router as i need to keep switching on and off when it stops working, was fine on the driver before 3.3.0, and is no better on the 3.3.2 RC1. They appered to fix the P2P filter but killed my wirless stability.

Regards
Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cocospm
  • User
  • User
More
09 Nov 2008 20:00 #2 by cocospm
Replied by cocospm on topic 2820N 3.3.0
Yep, with both 3.3.0 and 3.3.2 RC1 WiFi connections drop out briefly and regularly. Basically makes WiFi unusable. Was fine on 3.2.1 - but that had so many other bugs as to force us to use our 2820Vn as a door stop. Guess it's back to its fitting role again.

• gigajuice
  • User
  • User
More
23 Nov 2008 10:44 #3 by gigajuice
Replied by gigajuice on topic 2820N 3.3.0
I'm also having problems since the 3.3.0 firmware. My wireless was fine on 3.2.1 with my HP laptop, but now it' s useless. The only reason I joined the forum was to check that it wasn't just my 2820.

More
26 Nov 2008 15:26 #4 by bluetba
Replied by bluetba on topic 2820N 3.3.0
When you say switching it on and off do you mean the router or your PC? I have always had a problem where I would have to switch the router off and back on because the wireless stops working, any hard wired devices are fine its just wireless devices, if I left it for about 5 - 10 minutes it would start working again it was just a reboot cured it much more quickly, oh and when connecting to the router everything appeared fine.

I have since discovered that it was being caused by having a wireless device in the DMZ (my Nokia phone) since removing that device it has been fine.

More
27 Nov 2008 14:28 #5 by plemonde
Replied by plemonde on topic 2820N 3.3.0
I just reverted to 3.2.1 last night because the wireless stability is too poor on 3.3.0. It's a real shame as the other functionality is great.

More
01 Dec 2008 18:36 #6 by inonex
Replied by inonex on topic 2820N 3.3.0
I've had all sort of issues with WIFI on my 2820vn. I often found I was restarting my router every evening to get things working again.

However when I configured all my devices to use a static IP, the problems have cleared up. But this is very annoying as I'd prefer not to use this method.