DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820N 3.3.0

More
02 Dec 2008 13:34 #7 by james.varga
Replied by james.varga on topic 2820N 3.3.0
I've just upgraded to 3.3.0 for other stability reasons - what do you do when you've upgraded to 3.3.0 and then your wireless starts to fall over every 5 minutes? Come on Draytek - enlighten us?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2008 13:41 #8 by charliegadget
Replied by charliegadget on topic 2820N 3.3.0
Hi,

Yep, I have had similar issues where DHCP stopped working on my 2820n (i.e. giving a static IP works fine)!

I am using an Intel 3945ABG built in wireless adapter on a Dell 430 and a Sony Vaio (both XP) and after upgrading the device drivers to ver. 12.1.0.14 I have not had an issue!

Worth a try.. let me know if you have different results!

Charlie

More
04 Dec 2008 10:33 #9 by tcjason
Replied by tcjason on topic 2820N 3.3.0
I Just upgraded our routers Nationally and am getting phone calls regarding people having limited or no connectivity with their wireless connections. We had to upgrade the router due to a known issue with the unit restarting however we are having such major wireless issues that I may have to revert them back to 3.2.1

*Charlie*
I seem to be getting the same result as you, static IP addresses work fine, it's not a workaround for me though due to most of our users being travelling sales reps and managers.

• murray
  • User
  • User
More
13 Dec 2008 11:44 #10 by murray
Replied by murray on topic Same problem
Guys

I upgraded two 2820's last week and have just had a week of wireless problems.

Most of the time wireless clients reported connection suddenly stopped and couldn't be re-established. Happening with various operating systems, windows and linux so not a PC problem.

The only way I could re-establish wireless connectivity was a full reboot of the router.

Looks as though there is a gremlin in firmware 3.3.0.

I tried 3.3.2 beta on a test rig but it was no better

I reverted routers to 3.2.1 on Thursday and to date I have had no complaints of dropouts.

I hope this issue gets fixed as there appears to be some good updates in the new firmware versions.

murray

More
16 Dec 2008 12:26 #11 by gcp
Replied by gcp on topic 2820N 3.3.0
Just reported this to Draytek support and they confirmed it is an issue with 3.3.0 and 3.3.2 and advised me to revert to 3.2.1 for now.

Gareth.

More
17 Dec 2008 11:50 #12 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic 2820N 3.3.0
I too am experiencing problems, firmware is 3.3.2 RC1, it shows up with Skpe and streaming music from an ethernet disk to an acer vista laptop with an atheros wirless card. The wireless signal just drops out for a second and then reconnects. If you look at the network center page in vista you can see the connection reconnecting and disconnecting continually. When I connect to my bridged 2600G the problem ceases even though it is connected to the 2820n wirelessly!

Howard