• briain
  • User
  • User
More
29 Mar 2009 09:17 #55 by briain
Replied by briain on topic 2820N 3.3.0

Briain wrote:

MikeMcr wrote:

Briain wrote: I also use a Samsung Q1 which has other Linn software and again, you'd see any dropouts (I've simulated them and it is really obvious) so I think the smoking gun points to the Duet Controller.
Bri

I think you'll find the fault is with the DrayTek not the Duet. Check the beta release notes on the linked site. The DrayTek firmware you are using does not handle wireless sleep mode correctly, which the Duet (quite correctly) uses. Firmware 3.x.x B012009 fixes it for me.

We don't want Logitech to remove support for sleep mode on the Controller - the battery life is poor enough as it is!

Hi

Thank you very much for the heads up on that; I'll try it out and see how it works. Incidentally, I'm wondering if my issues are more related to Jnewgas's suggestion 'I think the Vigor's WPA code must be drawn up with very tight timing settings as different clients connect sometimes first time, others after several attempts and some not at all.' as posted here ?

Bri

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• briain
  • User
  • User
More
29 Mar 2009 09:21 #56 by briain
Replied by briain on topic Oops :)
I'm really not quite sure how I managed to create a duplicate posts by editing the first one. When I've worked that one out, I suspect many of life's other mysteries will suddenly become crystal clear to me.

Actually, I realise that I've been hitting the quote button instead of the edit button (and there's no delete button) but rather than admit to being stupid though, I'm just going to blame it all on my dodgy router :D

• barron121
  • Topic Author
More
12 Apr 2009 19:04 #57 by barron121
Replied by barron121 on topic 2820N 3.3.0
Hi guys been waiting a while. I upgrad F/W 3.3.1 (RC9) same issue with wirless on my HP laptop with intel card and also my iphone and possibly my grandmars deafaid as she can get get WIFI. I joke

Anyone still having issues on the even newer firmware?

Back to 2.8.? 2 step forwars 3 steps back

• mikacom
  • User
  • User
More
15 Apr 2009 11:45 #58 by mikacom
Replied by mikacom on topic 2820N 3.3.0
Hi people,

I have too had issues with Intel wireless, i also found a solution that worked for me. I have posted details in a new thread.

http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=12559

Can't guarantee it but it solved a six month problem for me!

• briain
  • User
  • User
More
16 Apr 2009 16:39 #59 by briain
Replied by briain on topic 2820N 3.3.0
Hi Folks

I've just posted the below on another part of the forum:
---
Yesterday, I sent the below post to Draytek technical support (via their web portal) and this morning, I received a new beta firmware (v2820_a_RC12a.all); I'll check it out and report back here.

Bri

Hi

This is a fabulous router but I'm having serious problems with the WAP element. I've read (and contributed to) the forum articles on this issue and have tried many different firmware releases. I get breaks in availability, dropouts, reconnection problems (I'm using DHCP with MAC address ~ IP binding) and generally find it unsatisfactory. I’ve also found it has WPA problems where it sometimes doesn’t see the clients and doesn’t reconnect when clients exit sleep mode.

Can you please give me an indication of where we are with all this as the forum seems to show many people having wireless problems with this model? I'm at the stage where I'll need to order a D-Link WAP to plug into my Draytek as the internal WAP seems to give me endless problems.

I’ve tried Netgear, Sagem and other WAP/router combinations and all work really well. I wish to keep the Draytek due to the other excellent features but am pretty upset at having to pay for a wireless router and now probably having to pay for an external WAP as well.

Kindest regards
Briain

More
08 May 2009 00:31 #60 by graviton
Replied by graviton on topic 2820N 3.3.0
Hi - just been setting up my brand new 2820Vn which I think is running 3.3.0 firmware.

Wireless connection using WPA2 from my Vista laptop keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting making it unuseable. I have turned power save off for the wireless adapter but the problem persists.

However when I connect the laptop to my other SSID which is running WEP (set up for the kids Nintendo DS) I get a rock solid connection.

So this may suggest any 3.3.0 wireless problems are associated with WPA2. I will experiment further over coming days, but perhaps others can check this out too if they have wireless problems - do they go away if you switch to WEP ? (temporarily of course as WEP is broken and insecure)

I hope this may help.