DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820N 3.3.0

More
27 Feb 2009 09:19 #37 by johncc
Replied by johncc on topic 2820N 3.3.0
I updated our router to 3.3.0 a week ago and have had a week of wireless problems (they seem DHCP related, although I've not debugged thoroughly). Frankly, these two 2820Vn have been a constant source of headaches. I miss the 2600!

What I find deplorable is that the first posts on this topic are back in December and several people have said that Draytek know there's a serious issue. So why do they still, at the end of Feb, have the same version up as the recommended download? Do they actually hate their customers or what?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2009 10:25 #38 by plemonde
Replied by plemonde on topic 2820N 3.3.0

johncc wrote: What I find deplorable is that the first posts on this topic are back in December and several people have said that Draytek know there's a serious issue. So why do they still, at the end of Feb, have the same version up as the recommended download? Do they actually hate their customers or what?

I can't believe they've left 3.3.0 up for download since the additional features don't nearly compensate for it being basically unusable. At least if they'd left 3.2.1 as the stable release and carried on working on 3.3.1/2 as the beta releases you'd know what you were getting.

And I can't complain that 3.2.1 isn't stable; just that I want the additional features with at least the same level of stability and hopefully even better.

More
27 Feb 2009 10:41 #39 by isdoo
Replied by isdoo on topic 2820N 3.3.0
Has anyone out in a ticket recently, and if so what was the response?

More
27 Feb 2009 11:52 #40 by lampydave
Replied by lampydave on topic 2820N 3.3.0
I don't know if it's of interest - but I was sent a version to try and solve the problems I'd been having with DHCP (specifically Macs could not get IP addresses). The firmware identifies itself as

Model Name : Vigor2820 series
Firmware Version : 3.x_B123108a
Build Date/Time : Dec 31 2008 10:35:34
ADSL Firmware Version : 211801_A Annex A

With the usual warnings about 'if it breaks it's not my fault' I would be happy to share it. It certainly sorted my problems with DHCP - and has been pretty stable since (although I am not always connected to it and so can't really tell if it's properly stable).

If I'm not allowed to share it then let me know - but I wasn't expressly forbidden.

You can email me at

vigor

at

big-tick

dot

co

dot

uk

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
02 Mar 2009 20:20 #41 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic 2820N 3.3.0
The www.draytek.com.au site has some interesting beta firmwares, one is designed to fix the Wireless issues. Ive used it without problems.
I agree that this DHCP was a problem, especially for me, I have a house with about 6 laptops in, but I fixed the IP's on them to the Static ones they got anyway. But this new firmware (Aus, or the new RC's on UK) are all working fine for me back on DHCP (albeit static/fixed by 2820)

• briain
  • User
  • User
More
19 Mar 2009 19:08 #42 by briain
Replied by briain on topic 2820N 3.3.0

plemonde wrote: I'm still running 3.2.1 on my 2820Vn and I use a Duet as well.

The only time it drops out is very occasionally in the evening and I think that is because of channel congestion with my neighbours (apartment dweller).

During the day it'll be absolutely rock solid.

I use WPA2 on mine though, which is a slight difference from your setup.

I'd still like to get beyond 3.2.1 at some point in the future but 3.3.0 was unusable for me.

Hi

Thanks very much for that; it is very useful to know. Both myself and another Duet user (both using 3.2.1) are having horrific problems and have raised a bug on the SlimDevices site. To be honest, I think that the Duet has other issues and these are being highlighted by the Draytek. I'd really like to get to the bottom of all this as it would be good to eliminate the Draytek from my list of suspects; the Logitech Duet works fine with two other routers I've tried which makes me wonder which product is ‘breaking the rules’. I also use the Draytek with an iPAQ PDA which has UPnP (Linn KinskyPDA) software on it. This is used to drive other systems and has no problems at all (you'd notice any dropouts as the volume control buttons would stop working). I also use a Samsung Q1 which has other Linn software and again, you'd see any dropouts (I've simulated them and it is really obvious) so I think the smoking gun points to the Duet Controller.

Bri