DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820N 3.3.0

More
23 Jan 2009 17:55 #25 by kwhittle
Replied by kwhittle on topic Wireless connectivity problems
Hi All

I too am having the same problems, I have 16 wireless clients connecting and it keeps slowing to a snails pace and I have to keep resetting the router.

i have tried 3.2.1 kept crashing
3.3.0 have to reset twice a day
I was told by Draytek support to try the 2800vn 3.3.2 this is just as bad

however they did give me the link to the ftp site ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2820/Firmware for firmware

but they have also just told me to try.... "Could you please telnet to the router and run following command, this command would might help to increase the speed of your network. This will change MTU size on your router.

>wan ppp_mss 1390

For the wireless issue could you please try the firmware which is attached with this email.It is new beta firmware which addressed the wireless issue."

Unfortunatly I can't attach this file to the forum message, but i'll let you know how I get on and you will hopefull be able to get it from the UK support team yourselfs if it works(?)

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2009 18:28 #26 by drewy
Replied by drewy on topic 2820N 3.3.0
what version is the beta you have?

More
25 Jan 2009 10:26 #27 by kwhittle
Replied by kwhittle on topic Beta Version
Hi there

The beta version they have sent me is v2820_a_RC9b

I am going to try and put this on tomorrow

Keith

More
26 Jan 2009 14:27 #28 by waqs
Replied by waqs on topic 2820N 3.3.0
kwhittle, can you let us know how you get on. The wireless on the 2820Vn is becoming a deal breaker for me. Slows down to <100kbps and ping times increase >2500ms its really unusable, my crappy Belkin could outperform the 2820Vn.

More
26 Jan 2009 15:55 #29 by kwhittle
Replied by kwhittle on topic Beta Performance Update
I put on the Beta and changed the MTU as suggested (in my earlier post) by support this morning so have now been running for 5 hours on the new beta...so not the greatests of tests yet....(need to have it up for at least 24 hours)

So far seems better(?)....we've had a couple of times when we have had a few sluggish mins but these then seem to sort themselfs out on thier own.

I will give a further up date tommorrow on how me and the other 16 wireless clients are holding up, keep your fingers crossed everyone!

Keith

More
26 Jan 2009 21:09 #30 by waqs
Replied by waqs on topic 2820N 3.3.0
Thanks for the update Keith fingers crossed it works out for you. I also received a beta firmware update from Draytek, unfortunately it was intended for ADSL 2118011 Hardware, My unit is 211011 so my modem never syncs. I'm assuming they've supplied you with the 2118011 version?