DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820N 3.3.0

More
02 Jan 2009 09:09 #19 by splank
Replied by splank on topic 2820N 3.3.0
Can anybody provide a link for the 3.2.1 firmware for the 2820 - i would like to do some testing on a spare router before i apply it to mine!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wfc
  • User
  • User
More
14 Jan 2009 22:45 #20 by wfc
Replied by wfc on topic Update
Has anyone had an update ? On a related issue I had a lot of problems with DHCP over wireless on a separate server with a 2820N and Vista with IP6 (which is on by default) I turned off IP6 and the problem went away.

More
16 Jan 2009 15:48 #21 by habile
Replied by habile on topic 2820N 3.3.0
This is a relief to know it's not just me. I was using a DHCP server on the LAN and the 2820 was configured to relay and I just stopped getting DHCP responses back from the 2820 - they hit the server but didn't get back to the clients unless I rebooted the 2820. I thought it affected not just wireless clients though...

Anyway, I've turned off relay and removed additional SSIDs so I only have one single WLAN and it's stable now on 3.3.0. I just wish there was more detailed debug for these type of issues.

C.

More
16 Jan 2009 15:56 #22 by gcp
Replied by gcp on topic 2820N 3.3.0
Yes the same here, I tried 3.3.2 and 3.3.0, eventually rolled back to 3.2.1. However even 3.2.1 is flakey with more than one SSID. I have two SSIDs on my 2820, one running WPA2 Personal hidden, and one running WPA Personal not hidden. DHCP is on. Wireless devices including my MacBook Pro, a Dell laptop and an iPhone are up and down like a.....

More
17 Jan 2009 16:50 #23 by lampydave
Replied by lampydave on topic 2820N 3.3.0
Apologies if this info has already been posted somewhere (and let me know if I should create a new topic with this).

I have recently bought a 2820vn and am testing it at work before I put it in place at home. I have found similar DHCP problems to those reported here, and have had a little time to investigate it.

The main problem with 3.3.0 and 3.3.2 RC1 was that Mac OSX clients were unable to receive IP addresses by DHCP.

With a Macbook (late 2008 build) this could be worked around by setting security (WPA-PSK) on the WLAN. This Macbook has a Broadcom chipset - Firmware version reported by System Profiler as Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0(5.10.38.24).

2 Macbook Pros would not receive IP addresses whether secured or open wireless. These both reported having an 'Airport Extreme' card - firmware 1.4.8.0

An iPhone would connect fine.

When downgraded to 3.2.1 all the Macs would connect fine, whether the network is secured or open.

I will be staying with 3.2.1 at the moment and hopefully this will get sorted sooner rather than later.

If there are any other details which would be useful please let me know.

Cheers
Dave

More
22 Jan 2009 17:47 #24 by pjsmith
Replied by pjsmith on topic 2820N 3.3.0
I'm pretty sure I'm suffering the same issue. Intermittent or incredibly slow wireless. I can;t go back to 3.2.1 as there is a bug in it that causes router reboots! I upgraded to the rc1 / beta to get around this, but the wireless is incredibly poor.

Does anyone know if seg have any updates that will address this?