DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820N 3.3.0

More
24 Mar 2009 23:36 #49 by drewy
Replied by drewy on topic 2820N 3.3.0
what sort of dialing rules did you have setup?

I've upgraded to this firmware and mine are still ok. When I say OK I mean they still work the way they did previously, not that they work the way it says in the manual :)

btw, I did a configuration backup, flashed with the .rst firmware and then restored the config file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2009 07:48 #50 by plemonde
Replied by plemonde on topic 2820N 3.3.0
I had simple dialling rules such as if it was an x-digit number beginning 00 then replace it with 00 and use one VOIP provider, and if it was x-digits beginning 0 then replace it with 0 and use a different VOIP provider to get UK and international calls on different providers.

I did exactly the same thing, backed up the configuration, flashed with the .rst file and then restored the configuration.

It seemed to be working well until I needed to use the phone. Then it refused to dial any number correctly (you could see in the status page that the numbers were messed up), whether I dialled from the phone memory (i.e. hit it with numbers in quick succession) or dialled manually (slowly).

The dialling rules all looked intact, and correct.

I reloaded the 3.2.1 .all file and everything was restored to working properly.

I've had this unit for a year now and in that time Draytek have failed to get dialling rules redirecting to PSTN to work, caller ID from PSTN doesn't work, and every firmware they've posted (and in some cases released as production grade) has added something I don't need and further crippled some feature that I do need in this router. It is unfortunately going to be my last product from them, as this level of support is pathetic.

More
25 Mar 2009 18:23 #51 by drewy
Replied by drewy on topic 2820N 3.3.0
I've been using previous beta 3.3.x versions, so the problems you see now I have been living with for a while.
It's nice to hear that the dialing rules did once work :)

I agree completly Draytek seem to have lost their way big time with this product. I'm used to their routers taking a number of firmware updates to "mature", but what were seeing with the 2820 is the repeated re-introduction of bugs that have either previously been fixed, or weren't there in the first place.

• briain
  • User
  • User
More
27 Mar 2009 18:48 #52 by briain
Replied by briain on topic 2820N 3.3.0
Ignore this post (accidental duplication; see below)

• briain
  • User
  • User
More
29 Mar 2009 09:13 #53 by briain

• briain
  • User
  • User
More
29 Mar 2009 09:14 #54 by briain